What I've Been Wearing When Working From Home


Although this might be a bit of a pointless post, it was actually supposed to be a 'What I've Been Wearing This Week' in terms of my attire throughout a normal working week and over a casual weekend going about my daily business. But seeing as this is a very strange and uncertain time, our everyday lives have been somewhat compromised (to say the least), so I've switched it slightly and turned this into more of a comfy blog post.

Working from home definitely requires some adaptation, we need to establish new routines in terms of our working lives that aren't at all normal for most of us. As such, I find that being comfy and warm makes me a lot more productive, but not to the point where I'm wearing my PJs all day! So this week, I thought I'd share with you what I've been wearing on a daily basis while working from home.

P.S. please ignore my lack of effort when it comes to styling my hair, I just chuck it up in either a pony tail or a bun and be done with it! Also, you'll notice I have no makeup on either...this is because 1. no one is going to be seeing me outside the household and 2. I want to give my skin a bit of breather while it's socially acceptable, haha! I'll let you know how I get on with that when normal life returns :) but for now, enjoy!

Monday 30th March

Monday I opted for a comfy tee and some stretchy leggings. This top came from my university days when I was a member of the swimming and triathlon team. It's still just as soft and comfortable now as the day I first got it, and it's been through several washing machine cycles since then (around five/six years now to be exact).

The leggings are nothing special, just a pair of cheap ones from Primark which seem to have lasted an age. I think Monday was definitely a day of comfort over style, although I'm thinking of switching this up a bit throughout the week, perhaps opting for something a little smarter and less like an ex university varsity contestant who has just spent the day studying for an exam, so watch this space :)


Tuesday 31st March

As a comfortable, yet smart alternative to Monday, a flowing shirt and stretchy trousers are always a winner in my eyes. You look presentable during video calls yet you're still entirely happy to sit around the house all day working in this get up.

So, the shirt was from Primark, quite some time ago now so I doubt you'll be able to get your hands on one now. However, the trousers, or leggings if you will, are from Gym Shark, and they are still available to buy. When I wear these, I feel like I'm not wearing anything (TMI), so they're perfect for working from home.


Wednesday 1st April

Wednesday was a day of comfort mixed with not-so-comfy, and yes - I'm talking about the jeans! I don't normally wear jeans around the house, but an outfit like this really helps to boost my productivity and overall morale when working from home. I'm less inclined to snuggle up in a blanket, and will instead stay glued to my desk for most of the day.

Sadly, I have no idea which shop the top is from, as I acquired it from a family member quite some time ago. That and all the labels have been cut out of it so I can't help you with that one. The jeans are actually from Primark, believe it or not, and cost me a solid £10! They aren't the best quality and they aren't very stretchy, but I still think I could have gone down a size as they come up huge on the waist (as do most jeans on me). Again, I'm wearing nothing on the feet, because what would I be going out for right now? Haha!

 

Thursday 2nd April

Today was actually my day off, but seeing as I wasn't going anywhere, or required to be on any Google Hangout meetings etc, I thought I'd bring back the comfy style of Tuesday and relax in another flowing shirt. Although Thursday, I just had a normal pair of legging on and not my trusty Gym Shark ones as they were in the wash! But I still managed to steer clear of any tight trousers and blue jeans (because who relaxes in jeans eh?) that day.

For those wondering, the shirt was from Primark, quite some time ago actually so you might not be able to get your hands on it now, although I'm sure they'll have similar styles and patterns by the time we return to our normal everyday lives...whenever that may be!


Friday 3rd April

The end of the week called for something a little more on the cosy, but presentable side. It was pretty cold that Friday, so I decided that a high neck jumper would be best for sitting around all day. I usually get quite chilly when I'm working from home, and so on goes the blanket. However, I thought I'd cut out the middle man on this occasion and just go for a chunky knit instead.

For those wondering, the jumper is from Warehouse, the jeans are from Levi's and the leather belt is from Debenhams. Although you can't buy any of these items any more, I'm sure you'll be able to find some lovely alternatives, and probably for a fraction of the price!


***

What have you been wearing while working from home? Do you like to get dressed up with makeup on or do you prefer to lie on your bed with PJ's on and a laptop nearby? Let me know in the comments below or via my social media. I will see you again really soon with a brand new blog post for you!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. I love your outfits! I've been dressing up for work from home as well, almost as much as I'd do if I'm going out. As I don't use makeup, it's been about the same and it really helps me get into work mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm exactly the same, it helps to retain some normality, but I also feel just as productive if I get dressed! I haven't been wearing makeup at all since this lock down started and I'm feeling the positive effects of it, so I may just never wear makeup again, haha! Have a good week :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts