Reasons Why I'm Looking Forward to Summer This Year

Summer 2021 is likely to be different from any other year, even 2020. But with far more hope and positivity knocking about this year, I've never longed for summer to come quicker, just to spend more time out in the fresh air instead of being cooped up inside for the majority of the time. So here's what I'm looking forward to this summer - I've even included the small stuff, because I feel like I've been appreciating those things a lot more over the course of the last year.

Hosting outdoor get-togethers

We've been in this house together since November. Back then, we were all in a national lockdown, so no one could come and visit us. Now that the weather is warmer and as it begins to heat up even more as the summer arrives, we've been loving having our family and friends round to enjoy the garden with us, complying to the rule of six outside, of course. We aren't going to presume that restrictions will be lifted in May to allow for mixing indoors, so instead, we're just looking forward to hosting more garden parties and BBQs with our loved ones.

Spending more time with family

This goes hand in hand with the last point, but instead of having everyone over to ours, we're looking forward to going round to theirs and spending time in their back gardens as well. It just allows for a bit of change up, really. 

Whether we're allowed to mix inside with our families by that point, I don't know, but fingers crossed the restrictions lift enough for us go indoors of a chilly summer's evening as opposed to braving the cold outdoors, well into the night.

Going for more long walks

I love to go running, but sometimes, a long, brisk walk makes a lovely, relaxed change. During the colder weather, we could just about brave 3/4km around the block before calling it quits. But it'll be lovely, when it gets considerably warmer, to stay out and explore the new area we live in even more. 

I get to wear my Birkenstocks again

If you've been following me for a while, or if you know me well, you'll understand just how much I love my Birkenstocks! I'll look for any excuse to wear them out and about and will often try getting away with wearing them well into the autumn. In fact, I've actually been looking at buying myself a new, tan pair. But we'll see about that. If I do end up buying them, they'll likely appear on my blog, o keep your eyes peeled if you love Birks as much as I do :)

We can eat our dinner outside

Our house is quite small, so it would be nice to extend the space a little bit and start eating our dinner outdoors more. It'll be great for getting some fresh air as well as just to catch a few rays after being inside, working, for most of the day. Not only that, but we'll be able to sit outside long into the evening and not come in again once dinner is over just because we can't brave the cold anymore.

***

What are you looking forward to this summer? Are any of your things the same as mine? Are there other bits and bobs you're looking forward to that didn't appear on my list? Let me know in the comments and I'll see you again soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts