What Did I Order from The Body Shop this Month?


If you know me, you'll understand my absolute love for The Body Shop and the amazing products they sell. Not only are the wholly against animal testing, but they've also been providing us with quality skin and hair care products for 45 years, so why wouldn't you entrust them to supply you with luxury products for a fraction of the price of high-end alternatives?

Anyway, I've digressed somewhat here. The point I'm basically making is that I've always used products from The Body Shop. Even when I was a child I'd be gifted luxurious lip balms and bath creams to enjoy, so I have many years of fond memories using their items. As I've got older, I've obviously looked more at their moisturisers, cleansers, face masks and eye gels and I'm so glad I decided to give them a shot over other skincare brands.

No matter what I try, I always seem to be drawn back to The Body Shop, something that's evident here where I basically rated the different daytime moisturisers I'd been using. But enough about that, you're here to see what I've bought this month from this wonderful brand and I'd be happy to show you what I've purchased - I hope you have a cup of tea ready to read this one, it could be a long'en! 

Wild Argan Oil Shower Gel

Coming in a standard-sized 250ml bottle, this shower gel should keep me going for quite some time. I thought this would be ideal for use during the summer months when the skin is more exposed and on show. That and it sounds like it'll make my skin super soft and I'd imagine it smells amazing too. I bought everything you're seeing here online, so I have no idea how it all smells, but I generally trust the scents The Body Shop produces so there's no issue there.

"Pick up our shower gel to refresh your senses and nourish the skin. With a warm, exotic scent our non-drying argan oil formula, luxuriously cleanses and softens the skin with each use".

Online rating out of 5 - 4.8
Price - £6.50
Ideal for the following skin type(s): Dry

Vitamin E Hydrating Toner

I already have the Vitamin E intense moisturiser to go alongside this product so I my expectations for this product are quite high. I'm going off the reviews with this one, but I'm still looking forward to giving this a real go just to see how much of a difference it makes to my skin in conjunction with the moisturiser I already have. If you already use this, let me know how you got on and whether you saw a difference after a number of uses.

"Our Vitamin E Hydrating Toner gives your skin a refreshing rush as it helps sweep away hidden nasties, leaving your skin feeling clean and supple. An important in between cleansing and moisturising, toning your skin helps to remove any leftover makeup or grime from your skin. It's the perfect post-clean partner to prep skin for moisturiser, a must-have in your skincare routine. Repeat after us: toner is necessary".

"Gone are the days of toners stripping your skin of all its goodness. Because it turns out, finding the right moisturising toner can work wonders. That's why we created our Vitamin E Hydrating Toner, a gentle formula enriched with vitamin E and wheatgerm oil. It gently cleans skin so you can get more out of your skincare products that follow your routine. And of course, you get to soak up all the wonderful vitamin E benefits for skin. Its a win-win-win".

Online rating out of 5 - 4.7
Price - £8.50
Ideal for the following skin type(s) - All

Spa of the World Adriatic Peony Bath & Shower Cream

I have tried this shower/bath cream before and I think it smells amazing. Not only does it make my skin feel super soft and looked-after, but a little goes a long way, especially if using a shower loofah. I bought this simply because I'm starting to run out of my original one and I loved it that much I thought I'd get a refill. It's definitely expensive for an everyday shower cream, which is why I don't use it everyday. I'll use it on days where we'll be going out and seeing people or having dinner or going for drinks etc - you get the picture :)

"Achieve pure peace and feel soothed with our relaxing bath and shower cream. Enriched with the extract of delicate peony flowers from the Adriatic, which are often depicted as a symbol of peace, this velvety and floral, soap-free formula envelopes your skin in softness".

Online rating out of 5 - 4.9
Price - £8.50
Ideal for the following skin type(s) - Dry

Lemon Purifying Face Wash

I actually use two different face washes: one for everyday use and another for use once, maybe twice a week. I actually use The Body Shop tea tree face wash right now, which I conveniently wrote a review for not long ago which you can read here, but it's almost empty so I needed a replacement. 

But instead of simply getting the same product, I thought I'd try something new and so opted for this lemon-scented one. I'm more of a shower-in-the-morning kinda gal, so I'm assuming lemon would make you feel refreshed first thing. Either way, I'll be sure to let you know how I get on with it, especially for the price.

"Start and end your day with our Lemon Purifying Face Wash. Squirt a dollop of our Lemon Purifying Face Wash into your palms and massage onto damp skin to intensely cleanse your complexion. Take in that gentle citrus scent. Rinse with cool water and feel instantly refreshed. Our gentle yet purifying face wash helps wash away bacteria and impurities and is enriched with natural lemon lemon essential oil. It's the perfect ritual to start and end your day feeling squeaky clean".

Online rating out of 5 - 4.8
Price- £11
Ideal for the following skin type(s) - All

Nicaraguan Coffee Intense Awakening Mask

This is the sole reason why I placed the order in the first place. I have been on the lookout for a decent face mask to use once a week in the morning while I work from home and this seems to be the answer to my skincare prayers. 

It's got brilliant reviews and I'm imagining it smells incredible, because if it doesn't, I'll be extremely disappointed, haha. I opted for the smaller pot just in case I don't get along with it for whatever reason, but if I do like it, then I'll have no issues replacing it with a larger pot, so watch this space!

"Give your skin an energy kick with our richly textured Nicaraguan Coffee Intense Awakening Mask. Enriched with a powerful blend of coffee bean particles from Nicaragua and Community Fair Trade ingredients from around the world, this mask warms and gently exfoliates your skin to help reduce signs of fatigue. This leaves skin feeling awakened, cleared of impurities and looking more radiant and pores looking refined".

Online rating out of 5 - 4.7
Price - £6 (15ml) or £18 (75ml)
Ideal for the following skin type(s) - Dull


***

Do you use any of The Body Shop products? Which ones do you swear by and why? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you again soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts