Things That Made Me Happy This Week

I love to do one of these blog posts every once in a while. It makes me feel grateful for the small things as well as finding joy in even the most mundane of days and tasks. So I thought I'd get one out for this month as it's also good to look back on further down the line. So let's see what's made me happy over this last week! It would also be good to hear what's made you happy in that time, so let me know in the comments below :)

Crumpets

I've not had crumpets for breakfast for a while because I've been leaning more towards a bowl of Wheetabix instead. But I just fancied a crumpet one morning and since then, I've been sold on a buttered crumpet for breakfast, but I do still enjoy the odd bowl of Wheetabix every now and again.

My foam roller

Recently, I've had quite the issue with my IT band in my right leg and it's actually been a pain (literally). I've tried stretching it, resting it and icing it, but the only thing that seems to have provided some relief and improved my condition is rolling the outside of my leg across this foam roller, so naturally, that has made me very happy indeed.

The humble ham sandwich

When I was a kid, I used to love me a simple ham sandwich on white, crusty bread, so it's a real treat when I finally get a loaf of white bread, which is rare. Seeing as I'm trying to be a little healthier, I use seeded bread now with Tesco's Finest cut ham and it brings me right back to my childhood. Not to mention they're just delicious despite being one of the plainest sandwiches around - what's not to love?

Having a family BBQ

Everyone loves a good BBQ, but it's even better when you have people you live there to enjoy it all with. Last weekend, we hosted a BBQ and it was a success. It included numerous side dishes, including a potato salad, the recipe of which will be live in August, so keep your eyes peeled for that! We had a variety of drinks and even put together a playlist for everyone to enjoy. It really was a wonderful day and I'm so happy we decided to throw such a bash.

Being able to dry my washing on the line

This might seem like a bit of a strange one, but if you've been waiting to hang your washing out to dry outside, then you'll know exactly what I mean. I love that fresh, crisp smell of newly-washed clothes - the kind of scent you can only get from drying your laundry out in the fresh air. The weather over the last week has been ideal for drying clothes outside, other than the weekend when we experienced some thunderstorms and heavy downpours, but we were spoilt with the sunshine, weren't we? :)

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, let me know in the comments what's made you happy this week and I'll see you again soon with a brand new article!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts