My 6 Minute Summer Makeup Routine

Applying the base with Collection concealer

If you've been following me for a while, pretty much since I started this 8 years ago, then you'll know that this has been my go-to concealer for quite some time, so there's nothing new here. Where I have tried a number of different concealers, both high-end and drugstore, I always find myself coming back to this one, which says quite a lot really.

The coverage is fantastic, it lasts all day on the skin and it provides an exceptional base for other makeup products. The concealer is what I always put on my face first. I know others will apply foundation and then the concealer, but I'm the opposite. I don't wear foundation too often, mainly because I don't feel like I need it on an everyday basis. But again, this provides a great base so I don't think you'll need foundation with this anyway.


Filling in my eyebrows with Revolution Pro powder

The next thing I'll do is fill in my brows with a bit of powder. I've only just started using this so I'm yet to make a definitive statement about how I'm getting on with it, but I feel like filled in eyebrows just make the whole look a bit more polished. I choose to fill in my brows after the concealer because I worry that I'll forget and then leave the house with patchy brows!


Bronzing up the cheeks with Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess

I've been using this product for quite a while now and I must say, I'm in love! Although it's expensive, it's definitely worth the price tag, for sure! I have the shade 'Solar Crush' which is quite a light shade in comparison to the others on offer. But I'll pick up a bit of of this product on the brush and sweep it onto my cheeks for a subtle bronze look. It looks great even when the sun isn't shining, so it's a worthwhile investment, trust me :)


Getting the eyeshadow on with Bobbi Brown

I feel like no makeup look is complete without at least a little bit of eyeshadow. I don't go all out with the shades, as you've probably noticed, but even the champagne shade provides just the right amount of sheen for the look to be natural but it's also obvious you have makeup on and that you've made an effort. 

This is one of the last steps I'll do when it comes to applying six-minute makeup because I'll only use one shade all over the lid and the champagne colour doesn't really need a whole lot of blending so it's great for just sweeping on and job's a gooden.


Eyeliner is next and I use Estee Lauder's 'Double Wear' product

It's rare that I'll do a makeup look that doesn't involve eyeliner, but the issue I've found, more so with pencil products, is that it transfers horrendously to the hood of my eye. So not only am I left with a black eye lid, but the eyeliner itself rubs off and becomes more smudged. The only product I've found that doesn't do this is the 'Double Wear' eyeliner from Estee Lauder - I can't sing its praises enough, honestly.

It takes me very little time to apply as it's quite a soft product so it's super easy to slide onto the lid, even when it's coated somewhat in eyeshadow and other things, like concealer or foundation. I'm very pleased with this eyeliner, simply because it's incredibly long-lasting and can be applied in no time at all. The only thing is, it's quite pricey, but it's totally worth the extra dosh for the lasting-finish :)


Finally, getting the mascara on with Lancome

I've been using the Lancome Hypnose mascara since I started university and every time I go back to it I understand exactly why I was drawn to it in the first place. It's extremely easy to whack on and it gives great results in as little as two brushes, so I'm very pleased with it! It's also a rich black colour so it really makes the eyes stand out, even without any eyeliner. Again, the price tag isn't cheap, but it's worth it for long-lasting results.



***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know in the comments what's involved with your quick makeup routine - is any of it the same as mine? I'll see you all again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts