Reasons Why I Can't Wait for the Colder Weather

It's October and how fast has that come around? I'm in shock still now knowing that we're now officially in the season of Halloween and beautifully coloured leaves. But why am I so excited? Well I'm going to take you through why in this blog post. So grab a drink and snuggle down for this one :)

The temperature has dropped

If you know me at all, you'll understand that I'm not really a fan of the hot weather - at all. So by the time autumn rolls around, I'm very much ready for the colder weather. In fact, I welcome the cooler temperatures. There's just something about being warm and cosy, snuggling down in a big blanket and a hot beverage watching the telly or reading a good book. 

Keeping warm by bonfires

Don't get me wrong, we don't have loads of bonfires. We only have one once a year and that's on Bonfire Night, funnily enough. But I love Fireworks Night for that very reason, because we all sit outside as a family, around the fire, and eat bowls of mushy peas and jacket potatoes, reminiscing about past Bonfire Nights. It never fails to get me into the autumnal mood and that's what does it for me.

I can go for longer walks at any time of the day

The hot weather limits me in terms of when and for how long I stay out when it comes to going walking. The only time I can really get up and go anywhere is early in the morning or later at night. During the day is an absolute write off. Whereas when the colder weather hits, I'm able to go out in the middle of the day if I really want to, knowing full well I'm not going to get too hot or sun burnt.

Autumnal food and drink is introduced

Pumpkin spice is back! Coffee shops introduce their seasonal drinks and cafes and restaurants have swapped out their menus for more warming food and I'm there for that! What's better than sipping on a bonfire toffee latte or a hot brie and cranberry bagel? This time of year has been made for me, it seems, and I'll be very happy for as long as it all remains on the menu. BUT I am looking forward to the more festive options, coming soon, hopefully.

Warm, cosy movies can be watched

I published a blog post last year detailing all of my favourite films that I like to watch at this time of year and you can read that here, if you're interested. But autumn is a fantastic time of year as you can watch a Halloween film for the frights and jumps cares or a cosy, heart-warming film if you're feeling a little more toasty.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Let me know in the comments below what you like about the cold weather kicking in and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new article :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts