My Review of the WASPO Wraparound Ankle Support


If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that I suffered an ankle injury last October and it really wasn't nice. It ended up being ligament damage which also meant that I had to walk around on a crutch for about a week before I could put any weight on it at all. It took about three months for it to completely heal, if not a few weeks more than that. I was itching to get back out and go running again, but it was just too much for my poorly ankle to take.

So, along with doing regular ankle strengthening exercises, I bought a new ankle support (as I need the other one for my other ankle - an old injury that still gives me problems) and after doing a lot of research I settled on this wraparound one from WASPO.

I must admit, I was pretty sceptical about it at first, even after reading all of the rave reviews about it. I didn't think it would give me the support I needed and I felt as though it would be loose and not very comfortable, but in fact, I couldn't have been more wrong. I still love the compression ankle support I have and I don't think I'll deviate from that as I know it works for the problems I have with that specific ankle.

How comfortable is the WASPO wraparound ankle support?

I find this particular type of ankle support to be extremely comfortable. What with it being a wraparound style, it's very easy to position it where you want to and to have it as tight or as loose as you want to as well.

Where I don't have it exceptionally tight, I adjust it to what feels good for my ankle, the leg and the foot so when it comes to how comfortable it is, it really is very much down to the individual rather than it being a one-size-fits-all type dealio, like my compression ankle support.

The material is very stretchy and soft and the Velcro doesn't rub against your skin or cause a rash. That's something I find with some of these ankle supports. It can irritate the skin, not so much when you put it on, but when you're out running and you start getting sweaty. I don't have this problem with this wraparound ankle support from WASPO, so overall, it's extremely comfortable and I'd recommend it on that level to anyone.

Does the WASPO wraparound ankle support slip?

No. I personally haven't yet had an experience where the positioning of it has shifted or slipped in any way. Once it's on and I have it positioned in a way that I find comfortable, it doesn't move throughout my entire run and I run up and down a lot of hills where I live now, so if it was going to slip, I feel like it would have done by now.

How supportive is the WASPO wraparound ankle support?

For my ankle and the injury I sustained about five months ago now, I think it's extremely supportive. Once it's on, I feel like everything is in place, almost like my ankle has regained the strength it lost back in October.

It's like someone swapped it out for a whole new ankle and it gives me peace of mind that I can go out for a run and know that I won't be uncomfortable and that my injury won't flare up again to the extent it did when it first happened. I feel quite happy going out running again after such an injury wearing this WASPO wraparound ankle support.

Once I'm back from my run and when I know I won't be doing any more strenuous exercise, I'll take it off (as you shouldn't really wear ankle supports if you're idle) and it's like my ankle feels loose rather than supported. When I wear the support, my ankle feels as it did pre-injury but when I take it off, it's like the innards fall apart and it turns to mush, but it starts to feel normal again after a few minutes, so it's really nothing to worry about.

Is the WASPO wraparound ankle support affordable?

Yes. Highly-affordable. I think I paid about six or seven pounds for it when I got it from Amazon. So you'll be able to get your hands on it extremely easily and without breaking the bank price-wise. That was something I took into account when my ankle went to pot in October - the price of another ankle support. 

My first one wasn't cheap but this one was pretty inexpensive in comparison. Overall, for the price, I'm very impressed with this ankle support so far (as you can probably tell) and those views are unlikely to change given I've had been using this for about four months now.


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below whether you've had any experience with this particular ankle support and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts