Vintage Cars, Planes & a Unique Concorde Experience at Brooklands, Weybridge


On 3rd April this year, my boyfriend, myself and his parents went to Weybridge, Surrey to visit Brooklands Transport Museum. I've been before, several times over the course of my childhood, however, my boyfriend's parents had never been.

Since learning more about the museum on Yesterday (a free view TV channel), Tom's dad, especially, wanted to go and pay the museum a visit. So as a Father's Days gift last year, Tom bought him a ticket to go and see the place so I thought I'd let you know what we got up to.

We saw a wide range of vintage F1 cars as Brooklands has the oldest car racing track in the country. It is also home to the world's first flight ticket office (a little blue hut not far away from the Concorde). Brooklands also houses a Concorde, the first to fly passengers across the Atlantic. We even went for a quick bus ride, on an old Route Master, around Weybridge & West Byfleet!

We added on the Concorde experience which involves being personally taken around the aircraft to learn more about it as well as being allowed to go on it, see the memorabilia and actually sit down in one of the seats. 

We then experienced, briefly, what it would have been like to fly on Concorde during its hay day. It was a brilliant experience, something I've done three or four times now, and it never fails to blow me away. If you go and visit the place, you should definitely add on the Concorde experience - you won't regret it! 

That was the highlight of our day, spending the rest of the time enjoying the exhibits and picking out locations that we would have seen on television, including the extremely steep test hill. Old cars and motorbikes travel up it to test the power of their engines.

People gather from far and wide to see the spectacle but unfortunately, we didn't see anything travel up it. It's certainly steeper in real life than it looks on the television. Anyway, let me share some photos of the day with you :)


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments whether or not you've been to Brooklands before or if I have persuaded you to go and take a look! I'll see you all again soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts