Everything I Loved in April

April has been and gone and, tomorrow, it's May - how did that happen? But you know what the end of the month means? We're going to discuss what I've loved throughout this month. From days out to giving blood, let's see what I've been enjoying this April!

Seeing my mum for her birthday

After the last couple of years, I've not really been able to see my mum on her birthday thanks to her birthday always being in a lockdown, so this year was made even more special when we got to see her properly.

This year, we made a restaurant reservation to celebrate and it was everything I had looked forward to. It was fun and filled with good food, cake and, of course, a bit of alcohol! It was a fantastic night and it really stuck out in my mind when looking back on what happened this month.

Visiting the Brooklands Museum

Brooklands is a transport museum in the heart of Surrey, in a little place called Weybridge. I have been visiting there throughout my childhood so it contains many happy memories. In fact, I enjoyed myself so much, I dedicated an entire blog post to the day, which you can read here.

Going for dinner at Valentina's

Valentina's is a a cute little Italian restaurant that, much like Brooklands, is also located in Weybridge. In fact, it's about five minutes around the corner and the food is absolutely amazing but also reasonably priced, even after the pandemic.

I was expecting the prices of things on the menu to change given the current climate, but they seemed to have done what they can to keep them same or not much different from before. Anyway, if you're in the area, for whatever reason, then definitely pop in and give them a try. The only thing is, they are quite small, so make sure you book in advance to avoid disappoint :)

Attending our friends' wedding

At the start of the month, our friends got married and, obviously, we were invited! It was a beautiful day and the weather stayed bright and dry. There were plenty of speeches, a few tears, the booze was flowing and the tunes were banging. Overall, it was a great day and we wish the newly weds all the best for the future!

Giving blood for the 13th time

I gave blood this month for the 13th time. It was a very uneventful donation, which is always a good thing. I like doing it because I know that, somewhere down the line, I'm helping someone who needs it. I'm also doing it for personal reasons, but I won't go into that today.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments what you've loved throughout April and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts