Everything I Loved in June

I can't quite believe we're at the end of June already! Maybe it's gone so quick because we've been so busy. A lot has happened over the last month so it was very hard for me to pick just a few things, but I've managed to narrow it down from a list of about 20 to a list of 8 - lucky you! 

WE GOT ENGAGED!

THE biggest thing that's happened to me, not only this month or this year, but in my life so far, was getting engaged! Of course this comes top of the list of things that absolutely made my month. I won't go into details here as I want to keep it as short and sweet as possible, but you can find out more about the moment we got engaged in this blog post - enjoy!

We went to Walt Disney World, Florida

As you know, we went to Disney World this month and I want to write an entire blog post all about our trip for you, so I won't post many pictures here, so below there's one of the Cinderella castle that's been painted specially for the 50th anniversary. We ate amazing food, went on the most incredible rides and, obviously, we got engaged, so i was definitely a holiday to remember! Keep your eyes peeled for some Florida content coming soon :)

Ed Sheeran

I've seen Ed Sheeran at the O2 before, when he was doing his Divide tour ad he was absolutely amazing! So when he announced new UK dates, we jumped at the chance to get tickets. I'm not very good at getting tickets online but Tom is a like a wizard and he managed to score us some :)

As always, he did not disappoint, singing classic songs with nothing but a loop pedal and a guitar. If you haven't seen him live then I highly suggest you do because it's a whole other experience when listening to his music. 

Stranger Things 4

Stranger Things is a fantastic Netflix Original sci-fi/mystery series and if you haven't seen it yet, you're seriously missing out on some good TV. I haven't seen anything this good for a long time. It's something that I can't stop talking about and that I can't stop recommending to people. 

If you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, then you won't be aware that season 4 came out at the beginning of the month and we binge-watched it in about three days. The only thing is, the new season has been released in two separate parts, the second of which is being released in July. It just makes me all the more excited to see how it ends because the cliffhanger that concludes part one is heart stopping!

Blueberries

Blueberries are just so tasty and the best part is, you can eat them cold - perfect for the hot weather. I sometimes throw them into a yoghurt or with some light cream if I'm feeling particularly indulgent. But they're best enjoyed on their own, straight out of the punnet and I'm totally here for it. I'll find the box with the largest, plumpest, most juicy fruits and chow down on those - delicious.

Levi shorts

I wasn't so sure about these when I first bought them back in February, but as the weather has got warmer and because of our trip to Florida, I've become a little more comfortable wearing them, mainly because everyone else is wearing them and it makes me feel a little bit better. 

My body confidence isn't great right now, so wearing shorts is a huge thing for me, as it will be for others, so for me to put a pair of shorts on my favourites list is completely unheard of and may never happen again!

Chickpea flatbreads

We have been living on this delicious flatbread recipe. It's like a healthy alternative to a kebab. Instead of meat, I cook and mash some chickpeas with some cumin and chilli, warm some flatbreads in the oven and whip up some natural yoghurt with mint. I'll then spoon the chickpea mixture onto the flatbread and serve with lettuce and some homemade chips. It's the perfect dinner for summertime and it's so tasty.

Tan Birkenstocks

I am in love with Birkenstocks - I have three pairs, how could I not love them? - and I bought a pair of brown ones back in April. Ever since I received them, I've been living in them. A pair of Birkenstocks is pretty much the only thing I'll be wearing from now up until the end of September. I love the tan pair because they're not overly summery but not as dark as my black ones. They're a nice in between for when I'm not feeling the white or the black :)

The Queen's Platinum Jubilee

The Queen's Platinum Jubilee was, hands down, one of the most notable events of the year for us Brits. We got a four day weekend where we just ate food and drank Pimms. We put on a little garden party and then, for the rest of the weekend, we stayed in and watched everything on the telly.

From then on out, we shielded ourselves from the world because, at that time, you had to have a negative COVID-19 test to enter the USA. But they ended up scrapping that rule the day before we left so we were all good it turned out, but we just didn't know that at the time.You can read all about our Platinum Jubilee party here.


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? What have you been loving in June? Were any of your loves the same as mine? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you again soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts