Everything I Loved in March


Another month has come and gone, but March happens to be the most busy month of the year so far. The worrying thing is that we're only just three months into 2023, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the year has in store for us! But first thing's first, let's see what I've loved this March.

Celebrating my 28th birthday

On the 21st March, I turned 28. We spent the day musing around the garden centre, drinking coffee, eating good food and snuggling my mum and dad's new puppy, Pip (I included a picture of her further down for your viewing pleasure, haha). It was a very chilled out, relaxing day, but if you'd like to know what we got up to in more detail, then take a look at the blog post I wrote that was dedicated to the day :)

Crufts

I have always wanted to go to Crufts and every year since we started going out together we have been contemplating going, bit every year it passed us by, until this year. We finally managed to get some tickets to this hit dog show. It's not just a parade of people bring their picture-perfect dogs into a competition, there's a whole lot to see and do there. 

We spend the entire day in the arena, watching all of the shows that were put on. They included the Golden Retriever Display Team, Flyball, The West Midlands Police Dog Display, the agility course AND Rob and Romesh turned up for their new series that's airing on Sky later this year. I blogged all about Crufts, so take a look at that blog post here if you would like to see what we got up to that day in more detail!

Ed Sheeran at the O2 in London

We saw Ed Sheeran towards the end of March and it was absolutely fantastic. I feel as though it was a lot more raw and emotional than his stadium performances, making it my favourite show out of the three we've seen. I thought it felt a lot more intimate and the sound was much better in an arena setting than in a stadium, because we've only ever seen him at Wembley up until this point. It will forever stick out in my mind as one of the best gigs I've ever been to. If you want to hear more about it, then take a look at this blog post I wrote :)

Wedding preparation day

We went for a little wedding preparation day that was put on by the church (because we're having a church wedding), and it was such an enjoyable-yet-valuable experience that I was so grateful for. I feel as though it really helped to move us forward and give us some structure when it comes to planning and booking things in advance. It also highlighted a lot for us in terms of our relationship, reiterating that our values are very much aligned and that we know and understand what it means to be married. 

We also got to meet other couples who are also getting married, which was fun, so it was all worthwhile and I would actually love to do it all again, but I don't think we will now. It was something that stuck out in my mind that happened in March and I look back on the experience with nothing but love and fondness.

Making more headway with the hallway, stairs & landing

We haven't actually finished the hallway yet, but we don't have long to go down. I won't provide any pictures yet because I want it to be a surprise when I publish the before and after blog post, but there's colour on the walls now and all of the glossing is done. We have new doors, skirting boards and architraves throughout and everything has been sanded down (even the walls) and painted, including the woodwork. I am so excited to see it all come together, so when the painting is done, the next thing is a floor downstairs and a new carpet on the stairs, so watch this space for the finished product! Take a look at our latest hallway, stairs and landing update here.

NIVEA Soft Rose lip balm

I have been looking for nice lip balm that doesn't make my lips look white or that tastes a bit strange. I have recently bought a new one from The Body Shop (take a look at my haul here), but this was something that I used prior to ordering that one online and I started to really enjoy using it. It smells nice, it gives a nice tint to the lips and it has lasted me quite a while so far, despite using it several times a day, every day since the day I bought it. I love it that much I might dedicate a blog post to it review, so keep your eyes peeled if you want more info :)


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below what you have loved throughout March and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments