Hello Fresh: Everything We Ate in Week Two

We have already been doing Hello Fresh for a week, although we only have it for three days out of the seven, just for convenience really. It gives me more time as I don't need to meal plan as much throughout the week and it's also really quite healthy. I have already touched on the process and the delivery of Hello Fresh in week one, which you can read here if you like! Seeing as I have already touched on the finer details, let me talk you through the meals we had last week and what I thought to them -  enjoy!

Wednesday 3rd May - Spicy harissa beef & pork rigatoni pasta

Day one this week was this rigatoni pasta. As the name would suggest, it was very spicy, but it was really enjoyable. I'm not the biggest fan of spicy food, but this had a bit of a kick to it, without being spicy for the sake of it. It was also incredibly tasty and it might a decent portion each. Out of the week, this was actually my favourite dish. 

Thursday 4th May - Fragrant pork & mushroom stir fry

I like a stir fry because they're light, delicious and packed with veg. Of course, this one was a mixture of pork and mushroom, so there was a lot of vitamin B in Thursday's dinner. There was also some pak choi in there for good measure, which was sliced up and tossed in a mixture of soy sauce and ginger paste. This stir fry was a little different to last week's in the sense that it was a little more aromatic, especially with the rice being given the zest of a lime. I wouldn't have said it was as good as the stir fry from the previous week, but it was still enjoyable none-the-less. 

Friday 5th May - Ultimate butter chicken & buttery naan bread

Tom absolutely loves a curry, so when this came up as an option to have for dinner this week, he leapt at the chance to give it a try. It came out less like a tomato-ey sauce and more like a cream, being made with creme fraiche as opposed to cream or coconut milk, for instance. So it resembled something of a korma, although it didn't taste like that at all. It was spicy but flavourful and the naan breads were moist with just the right amount of garlic sprinkled throughout. I would recommend this dish if you're a curry person, for sure :)


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments whether you like to have Hello Fresh delivered to your house or if you're contemplating giving it a try and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments