FAQs About Our Home: Answered

I have a home account now on Instagram called '@lifeatbakewell' if you're interested. I get a whole load of different questions on there about our home, so I thought I'd dedicate a blog post to the questions I get asked, so they're all in one place. Did you have a question about our home that you wanted to know the answer to? Take a look below and see if your query is on the list. If not, leave me a question in the comment section at the bottom of the page :)

1. What colour is the feature wall in your living room?

Our feature wall is 'Indigo Shade' by Dulux. Although, I must warn you that it's not easy to find anymore and it's a lot more expensive than the standard emulsion paints that Dulux do. But I have never received so many complements about a paint colour we have chosen before, so if you're wanting a beautiful blue that isn't too purple or too expensive, then this is the one to go for!

2. Where is your coffee table from?

Our coffee table is from Wayfair.

3. Where is the floor from in your living room?

The floor is from Quick Step, although I can't remember the name of it, sorry!

4. Where is your corner sofa from?

Our corner sofa is from DFS. You can read my review on it here, if you like :)

5. Did you paint your doors or were they already painted?

I painted all of our doors with Dulux gloss as I wanted them to have a fresh, shiny finish.

6. What colour is your new front door?

Our new front door is anthracite grey.

7. Why does your front door not have a letter box?

Our front door doesn't have a letter box because we actually have a box on the wall that our post goes in.

8. Where is the floor from in your entrance hall?

We have just completed our hallway, stairs and landing renovation and I revealed it on my home account. So people now know what the finished product looks like. Like the living room, the floor in the hallway is from Quick Step and it's called Soft Oak Light Brown.

9. What make & model is your new range oven?

Our new range oven is a Leisure Cookmaster with three ovens and grill capability. It's in the grey colour rather than stainless steel.

10. Are vertical radiators worth it?

Vertical radiators are so worth the money. But they aren't actually as expensive as you might think. None of our radiators are "designer", but they are around double the price of a standard radiator, so bear that in mind if you're looking into having vertical radiators installed. If you would like more info on what I think to our vertical radiators, then have a read of this blog post!

11. What colour did you paint your downstairs loo?

We painted our downstairs toilet 'Soft Truffle', again by Dulux, although we chose a kitchen paint as it was easier to wipe down and moisture-resistant. The colour wasn't available in bathroom paint, but we wanted something more durable. If you're wanting a normal emulsion, then the same colour is available in that range as well.

12. What colour did you paint your hallway, stairs & landing?

We settled on 'Pebble Shore' by Dulux for our hallway, stairs and landing paint. It was the normal emulsion paint and not bathroom or kitchen, like the downstairs WC.

13. What kind of gloss do you use to paint your skirting boards?

I use the Once 'Pure Brilliant White' gloss paint by Dulux and the Undercoat Primer 2-in-1 paint for interior wood from the same brand. I know it says 'Once' on the tin, but you'll need to apply at least two or three coats of it (on top of your primer) if you're painting bare wood. If you want a more muted finish to your skirting boards, architraves or even your doors, then use the Satin-finish Dulux gloss. But for high-shine, opt for this one (linked).


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Again, let me know in the comments if there's anything else you would like to know and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments