Everything I Loved in October


How are we ten months through the year already? It only felt like five minutes ago that we were in the height of August and now we'll be having Halloween in a few days and we'll be celebrating Bonfire Night in just a week's time. How fast does time go? But that didn't stop me from reflecting on the month that has just passed. With autumn now in full swing, let's see what I've been loving during the early weeks of pumpkin season.

Spending a Saturday with my mum & Pip

Early October I spent a Saturday with my mum whilst my dad was off getting fitted for a suit for our wedding. She brought the dog with her, their little Cockapoo called Pip. We went for a few walks and then finished the day off with a drink and some pub grub. It was super chilled out and I really just enjoyed spending some time with just my mum for a change. It's something that has stuck out in my mind this month as something that I loved!

Our Starbucks pumpkin mugs

I've written about this autumnal combo in more detail in this blog post. But for now, I'm just putting these mugs on the list because it's something I have absolutely loved using on the run up to Halloween. In fact, because there's no real specific reference to Halloween on them, I'll probably just continue to use them on the run up to Christmas, when it's just a little too early to bring out my Father Christmas cups and Snowman tumblers.

Seeing England Vs. Italy at Wembley Stadium

This month we ventured into London to watch the Euro football qualifier between England and Italy. Needless to say that we won the match 3-1, but aside from that, the football was excellent and the atmosphere was surprisingly chilled out. 

I'd definitely go to a football match there again because they just have it figured out. With staggered entry times and a ban on alcohol in the stadium itself, it really is just a friendly day out that the whole family can enjoy. If you want to know about the day in more detail, then take a look at this blog post :)

My light-up glass pumpkin 

This pumpkin I bought on a whim. I saw it in the local garden centre and I just knew I had to have it in our home. Much like the pumpkin mugs, it's something I'll probably use on the run up to Christmas, because it's not something that is overly Halloween-ey. It looks so pretty, whether it's lit up or not. It was a tasteful nod to spooky season without being too OTT. 

Seeing S Club 7 live

When I heard S Club 7 were going on tour, I knew I absolutely had to have tickets. It was complete nostalgia for me. They were amazing and I enjoyed every single second of it, much like when we saw Busted. They played all of the hits whilst paying a beautiful tribute to their late band member, Paul. It was such a special night, for multiple reasons, and I would love to go back in time and do it all again. If you want to read more about our night at S Club 7, check out this blog post!


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below what you've been loving this October and I'll see you all again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts