My Autumn To-Do List

With a new season comes a fresh start and I'm definitely one for starting a fresh, but there are still some jobs left over from the summer that I need to do before the autumn gets fully underway. From gardening to prepping for Christmas, here's everything I still have to do before the autumn completely sets in - enjoy, friends!

Sort out the garden

The garden, both front and back, needs tidying up. By tidying up I mean the hedges need to be trimmed and foliage has to be picked up off the ground. I also need to do one last bit of jet washing on the back garden and then jobs a good'en. But I'm pretty sure it'll take about a day to get it all done.

I also have some fruit that I need to pick up off the ground - yes, fruit - because there's both an apple and a damson tree that hangs over into our back garden, so that needs composting. I'm actually looking forward to trimming all the plants down ready for the spring and prepping the garden properly for the winter weather. I also need to get the BBQ in, but the pario set has already been put away, so that's one job ticked off the list!

Give my car an oil change

If you own a car, I'm pretty sure that this is probably something that's on your to-do list as well. It's been on mine since February but it's just something that I've not been able to get around to. I thought that I'd just take the plunge, book it in and get it done, all before its MOT in December. To be fair, it's the first time it's needed doing in the 18 months I've had it, which is good going, so as long as I get it done before December, I should be home and dry :)

Buy a Christmas garland for the mantel piece

It might sound a bit ridiculous to buy something for Christmas now, but it's totally needed. Now we have an oak mantel, I'm dying to put something Christmassy on it and the only thing I can think of that's worth having on there is a good, old-fashioned Christmas garland. So once I've found one, I'll be sure to let you know which one I go for and then maybe, if you're on the hunt for one too, you'll find one that's perfect for your home and the upcoming festive season.

Cook new, hearty recipes for dinner

I'm one of those people who will find a simple, tasty and quick dinner and cook it on repeat. But I'm wanting to be a bit more adventurous this season and cook meals that I haven't tried yet. I also want them to be warming as well as filling as we head into the colder months. So if you have any great recipes, maybe for a slow-cooked casserole, for example, then let me know in the comment section below!

Order some wood for the log burner

This is actually something I've already ticked off the list of things to do. We had some wood delivered at the back end of September, ensuring we had enough to last us through until the end of winter. We don't really want to put the heating on this year, as I'm sure many others don't either, so we're relying on our log burner. We inherited it with the house when we bought it.

Little did we know how much of a blessing it was actually going to be. We've already been using it and can't get enough of the heat it gives off. When it gets hot enough in the living room, we open the door and let the heat travel up the stairs and into the bedrooms - it actually ends up heating much of the house if we keep it on for several hours!

Go pumpkin picking

I would love a pumpkin for our window sill and also to decorate the hearth of the fireplace and the only place I can pick some up that are reasonably-priced and are different colours and sizes is from a pumpkin patch so I've put pumpkin picking on the list because I can't let the season pass without doing it, I have decided! 

***

I hope you have enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments what's on your to-do list this autumn and I'll see you again really soon with a brand new article :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts