Lorna's Leaning Turns 10! Take a Look Through the Archives

I can't quite believe that the time has come to celebrate my blog's 10th birthday! Ten whole years have passed since I first posted on here and ever since then, it's been my own little space on this corner of the internet for me to gather my thoughts and talk about the things, people and places I love. 

What could be better than having a wonderful record of everything I've done, seen, baked and visited over the years. From turning twenty, documenting my first day of university and buying a house to going to America and getting engaged - so much has happened that I'm incredibly thankful for and I'm so lucky to have it all laid out on here for me, and others, to look back on. You can take a look through the archives with me as I link them all below for you, just click on the years to be taken back in time. Have fun looking back through the years with me :)

2012

I didn't actually publish any blog posts with pictures that month, otherwise I'd have shown you a cheesy pic of 17 year old me!

2013

Here's an old pic from a 'Get Ready with Me | Face of the Day' blog post I wrote...

2014

Here's a picture of me at the age of 19 in front of the Tower of London when they had the field of poppies on display...

2015

One of my all time favourite blog posts from this year was a spring outfit of the day. I was about 20 here with my beloved dog Rudi, who passed away just a few months after this photo was taken. When it happened, I actually wrote a blog post all about him and how I felt at the time but I never published it, but I do still have it saved on my computer (a bit of trivia for you all)...

2016

My mum and I went to a food and drink festival in Nottingham back when it was held at the Castle, but it's been moved now to Wollaton Hall and it's never been the same. But looking back through the pictures in the blog post I wrote about the day brings back great memories and this is one of my favourite photos from the day...

2017

I like this blog post because it's one of the first references I made to my, now Fiance. We met in November 2016 and we've not looked back since. We spent a day at Calke Abbey and now, whenever I look back on this post, I'm reminded of that day and the great time we had there...

2018

Back in 2018, Tom and I went to the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham and we met Mary Berry, the baking queen herself. I have got a picture of myself with her somewhere, but for some reason, I didn't post it in the same blog post. But here's my signed copy of one of her latest (at the time) cook books...


In the same year, we also visiting Nashville and Memphis in Tennessee, USA and we loved every second of that trip. I couldn't leave this out as a highlight over the years...

2019

Back in 2019, right before the pandemic, Tom and I went to the Royal Albert Hall to watch The Empire Strikes Back from the Star Wars saga on the big screen. But there was a twist! The music was being played live by the London Symphony Orchestra and Tom loved it. I bought him the tickets as a birthday present and we made the most of everything London had to offer while we were there as well - what a trip!

2020

Back in 2020, we went to the Harry Potter Studios in Watford. It was right in the middle of the pandemic but we were actually allowed to see each other again in groups of no more than six at the time. So Tom and I went on a little road trip and spent the day together here. It was well worth the trip and made a wonderful change to being locked away doing nothing but food shopping and exercising.

2021

The blog post I have chosen for this is the one where we officially became homeowners. I'm 26 here, and so happy that we finally made it through the storm of battling with crappy rental agents combined with the stress of buying a house. It was, hands down, one of the most emotionally and physically-draining things we've ever been through but it was so worth it.

2022 so far...

The one blog post that sticks out in my mind so far this year is, of course, the one where we got engaged in Walt Disney World, Florida. It wasn't in front of the castle, it was in front of the clock on Main Street, and that was for personal reasons that I won't go into here. But it was a very special day and one I'll remember for the rest of my life...


***

I hope you enjoyed looking back through the archives with me. You can see loads more articles if you click on the years above. Let me know which is your favourite and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments