What I Wore On My Hen Do


I celebrated by Hen party on Saturday and I was so chuffed with the outfit I decided to wear that I wanted to show you it and explain all of the details, because I know people on Instagram will want to know where I got things from. So here is everything you need to know about my Hen do attire! I linked everything for you as well just in case you wanted to pick some bits up yourself :)

Love & Roses White Tie Back Long Sleeve Lace Blouse

It took me forever to find a white blouse that was suitable enough for my own Hen do. I wanted something that was white and pretty that would look great either tucked in or flowing normally. I found this one and I thought it was just gorgeous. 

It was expensive for a blouse, but the cut is lovely and the quality is what you'd expect. The sizing isn't that generous, so I would suggest going a size up if you can. It ties up at the back with a white ribbon, but the back has a cut out in it so you can see a bit of flesh. 

The cut out itself is also lacy around the trim, so it really is very detailed. You can see why it was the price it was and I have zero regrets about buying it. I look forward to wearing it a bit more, especially as the weather gets warmer. You can get a good look at it in the top image, but there are more pictures online.

Super Stretch Soft Sculpt Pull-On Denim Leggings

There's nothing I can really say about these other than they're simple black denim jeggings. They look very convincing, but they were super comfortable, very stretchy and, essentially, do what they say on the tin. I would recommend them, for the price, they were only £24, so that offset the cost of the blouse somewhat.

Black patent heels from Dorothy Perkins

I can't say much about the heels, because they're probably about ten years old now and they were from Dorothy Perkins. I bought them for about £10 and they've never done me wrong. I managed to complete the night in them, and I didn't take them off once. 

I know from experience that once they come off, they aren't going back on, so I made it through the night and didn't take them off till I got home. That in itself is an achievement for me, because I have been known to go home bare foot before, so these weren't too bad in comparison to some other heels I've worn in the past. 

I love these because they're just classic, aren't they? They're black, they're shiny and they're not too high, so why wouldn't I wear them on a night out? I have left a link below to a very similar pair, if you like the look of them in the pictures at the end of this blog post.

Ted Baker Libbe Leather Crossbody Bag

You may well have seen this bag up close already if you follow me on Instagram. But just in case you haven't, and because you don't really get a good look at it in these pictures, I have supplied an up-close picture below so you can see it in more detail. 

It's 100% leather and comes complete with gold hardware and a clasp to keep the flap at the top closed. I was so happy to have found this online because I needed a smarter bag for nights out and special occasions, and this was the perfect one to replace an old bag I'd had for about 13 years. 

I know it looks small, but on the night of my Hen do, I had three different lipsticks in there, including a chunky lip gloss, a card holder with my ID etc in it, my mobile phone and a tube of hand cream. It's just the right size for all of the essentials whilst still looking smart.


Silver Zirconia stud earrings from Beaverbrooks

These earrings were just so simple but so effective. People were asking me on the day where they were from because they just looked so timeless and versatile. You could wear these with anything and for any occasion, so they were perfect for the Hen night. I didn't want to wear something that was too out there because I wanted by blouse to do all of the talking that evening. 

They were the right piece for the occasion whilst still looking as though I had made the effort. Like the bag, I have left a picture below so you can see them in more detail. You can't really get an appreciation for them in the photos below because my hair is covering them, that and you can't see them in the picture at the beginning, so here's a closer look:


More outfit pics...


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments what you wore on your Hen do and I will see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts