5 Things & Places You Should Spring Clean Before Easter


Easter is right around the corner, but spring has been underway for a while now. As new life starts to emerge out in the garden and as our days are becoming longer and brighter, I think it's safe to say that the spring cleaning can start now, why wait? 

There are a few things I like to get done before the Easter break, and much of that involves cleaning things that I don't clean on a weekly or regular basis. So with that in mind, here's everything, and everywhere, you should consider spring cleaning before Easter comes bounding round the corner.

1. Under the sofa

This might sound daft, but I often forget to clean under the sofa, especially when I'm busy doing my weekly clean of the house. It's just something I don't have the time to do, which is why I will only really do it twice a year: in the spring and before winter sets in. 

No matter how clean you think your living room is, you will still be surprised by the amount of dirt and dust that lurks underneath your sofa, especially if you have a fabric sofa. Do yourself a favour this spring and get cleaning under your sofa.

2. In the fridge

I clean the fridge out once a month or so, but I will make a point of doing it at Easter. I like the feeling of a fresh start, so I'll throw out jars of chutneys and mayonnaise if they're no good, cleaning out the fridge door to allow for more room. I like the idea of having an organised, clean fridge, inside and out, more so at Easter than at any other time of year, weirdly. 

3. The extractor fan hood

I will admit, I always forget to clean the extractor fan hood in the kitchen. It's not at my eye level and I can't see over the top of it, because I'm quite short, so I can't see the dirt that accumulates up there. While I'll clean the filters and things, the hood itself is somewhat neglected thanks to an "out of sight, out of mind" mentality. So something I will do before Easter is to spend the time needed to give it a good scrub and polish, making it look almost as good as new by the time I'm done with it.

4. Your windows

Windows are a tough one, because they're not the easiest things in the world to clean and it's not something you can do quickly, either. We clean the windows together. Tom will do the outsides and I will go around and clean the insides. It's not a straightforward task, because we can't access the outside windows from the exterior of the house, because we'd need a ladder and I'm not keen letting Tom go up on one. 

So luckily, our windows have an "easy clean" feature on them, meaning they will shift left or right depending on their configuration to allow you to get your hand right down the side of them, which would be the side that faces outwards. It's a complicated process, but once you get going, you get used to it. But seeing as it's something that's a bit of a pain to do, and we dread doing it, cleaning the windows is something we include as a spring cleaning job, unless they absolutely need doing.

5. Under the bed

Much like under the sofa, and no matter how clean your bedroom looks, you will definitely have dust and dirt accumulating under your bed. It's the very nature of mattresses. Dead skin cells drop off and form a dust, which is what is, most likely, found under the bed. As something that requires more time and effort than anything else, cleaning under the beds is something I reserve for when I have more time to spare, and that's right before Easter starts, usually on Good Friday. 

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and that you found it useful? Let me know in the comments below what you like to spring clean, generally, and not just on the run-up to Easter and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments