My Wardrobe Staples | Tartan Scarves

Tartan has always been an obsession of mine, and I had vowed that one day, once my collection was big enough, I would share it with you guys here on my blog! But there is a slight warning that goes with this post, not all of them were purchased from a mainstream shop or are in fact in season. I have purchased three of these scarves from charity shops, which in my opinion is a great way to start a collection that no one else will have, so there's a little tip for you all :) 

I will tell you where I purchased them from and the price I paid for them. If I can find a link online, I will post it for you should you wish to purchase it yourself! So here we go...

From: The Children's Society (Charity Shop)
Price: £1.29

 Yes I am aware this scarf isn't exactly tartan but it is checkered and I would personally put them in the same category :) I love to wear this with anything plain, and possibly even a burgundy cardi or plain burgundy top. I think it's great for adding detail to an outfit without being OTT, it adds a bit of colour too!

From: The Children's Society
Price: £2.59

 Yep, this too is from a charity shop, and I love it! I wore it a lot, especially on the run up to Christmas. It loos amazing with a black leather jacket as the black stripes match perfectly and the deep red tone is great for adding a pop of colour. It is also extremely soft and very very warm! It's also HUGE as you can see in the picture, more of a blanket scarf really, and as you will find out, blanket scarves are my favourite :) 

From: Amazon UK
Price: Unknown

 I have left a link to one extremely similar but I'm not entirely sure if it is the exact one. this scarf was a Christmas present from my parents and is a 100% Lambs wool Locharron, made is Scotland scarf (a close up can be seen in my Christmas 'Top Present Picks' post) and I'm not sure if this is the one, but it's pretty dang close isn't it? ;)

Anyway, I love wearing this with pretty much everything, I even have a skirt in the same patter which I love, but the weather has been too crappy in England to wear the skirt yet :( I haven't been wearing this scarf lately as it's not a big blanket scarf and it's not a big snug Winter scarf, so I wear it to accessorise basically!

From: Dorothy Perkins
Price: £12.00

 If you know me in real life, you would have seen me wearing this a lot and for good reason! I think it's simply beautiful and I WILL wear it with everything! It's also one of the softest scarves I have ever felt in my life! It's soooo super warm and great for this time of year! It's a definite favourite of mine and I can see it remaining as such for the rest of Winter I think :)

From: Amazon UK
Price: £10.99 (ON SALE)


Unlike the green scarf, the link I have provided leads to the exact one that I possess, this too was a present but for Christmas 2013 and I still love it to death! Again, once the weather gets a little warmer, I will wear it again, not as an item to keep me warm, but as a statement piece instead as the red is so vibrant :) 

From: The Children's Society
Price: £1.99

This too is one of my scarves that has been thrifted, although this is originally from Primark so not actually one of a kind, but I still love it nonetheless :) I haven't actually worn it yet, as it is infact a brand new purchase, but I will put it through the wash and wear it ASAP!

From: TU at Sainsburys
Price: £12.00

Like the scarf from Dorothy Perkins, I wear this a lot, although it isn't as warm as the one from Dorothy Perkins, it still does a pretty good job at keeping you toasty enough that you aren't too cold but also never too hot, but it keeps you at a temperature that is just right! I also haven't seen a tartan/checkered scarf quite like it. What you can't see on the photo is that this scarf actually has strands of silver thread running through the white stripes and it looks gorgeous glittering in the Winter sunshine :)

From: Amazon Uk
Price: £5.77 (ON SALE)


 I haven't worn this one yet either but I have plans to tomorrow (Monday) and probably the day after that and the day after that and so on because it's actually better in real life than in the picture you're seeing or even compared to the one Amazon provides. I can see this scarf slowly slipping into my collection of favourites! 

From: New Look
Price: £3 (in the sale)


This scarf is pretty old now and I'm sure you won't be able to get it anymore unless you track it down on eBay or find one in a charity shop, but this was actually the very first tartan/checkered scarf in my collection and basically sparked off my love for the different varieties of tartan, whether it be different colours or different patterns, but when it was newly purchased I wore it all the time, but not during the cold Winter months as it's pretty thin but I will start wearing it again when the temperatures aren't so cold :)

So there you have it, that was my (growing) collection of tartan/checkered scarves for you and I hope you enjoyed it! I will definitely continue to expand my collection and there are so many different colours I want to get, and I'm sure I will keep you all informed of those purchases, if not here on my blog, probably over on my Instagram instead (link below or in the side bar). 

Thanks for stopping my and I will see you again soon with a new post for you to enjoy! X

________________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

DISCLAIMER

I have not been paid or sponsored to write this specific blog post. All views and opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any companies that may be mentioned in this blog post. All photographic content is my own. No Copyright infringement intended.

Comments

Popular Posts