Books I Want to Read This Summer


Now, I did one of these last year, and it proved to be very popular, so I thought I'd do another instalment this year :) I will quote the blurb for each book and also leave a cheeky link to where you can buy a copy! Let's get straight into it shall we?

'Everything Everything' by Nicola Yoon


I'm not going to lie to you, I've already ticked this off my list! I read it in one sitting, with nothing but a cup of coffee by my side. It's definitely one for all you romantics out there!

"Live life in a bubble? Or risk everything for love? Maddy is allergic to the world. She hasn't left her house in seventeen years. Olly is the boy next door. He's determined to find a way to reach her. 'Everything Everything' is about the crazy risks we take for love."


'Twenties Girl' by Sophie Kinsella


This is a book I've had for years, it's one I keep meaning to read but I never really get around to it, so I'm going to grab the bull by the horns and read it now. It makes me sad to see books on my shelf I haven't yet read and this one has been sat there for some time, so it's about time I gave it a read!

"If you suddenly had a friend that only could see or hear, what would you do? You could worry that your stressful life has tipped you over the edge and you have lost the plot, big time...you could hide under your duvet, hoping that they would go away... or you could have some fun...you could make your ex boyfriend take you back... you could solve the mystery of the dragonfly necklace, make a fool of yourself many times, get your business back on its feet... you could dance with a gorgeous man who just can't resist you... and you could just discover the best friend you ever had."


'All the Bright Places' by Jennifer Niven


This is the one I'm looking forward to reading the most! It seems like a brilliant concept and I can see myself falling in love with the plot and the characters :)

"Theodore Finch wants to take his own life. Violet Markey is devastated by her sister's death. They meet on the ledge of the school bell tower, and so their story begins. It's only together they can be themselves... But as Violet's world grows, Finch's begins to shrink. How far will Violet go to save the boy she has come to love?"


'Me Before You' by Jojo Moyes


I had been meaning to read this before I watched the film, having done neither of those things yet, I thought it would be a good idea to get stuck in now while I still have some time on my hands before I go back to uni! Again, this seems like a good one for all you romantics out there! Apparently this is a tear jerker, so I'll be sure to have some tissues handy!

"Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick. What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane. Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now, and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that. What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time."



I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Let me know what you would love to read this Summer! Are any of the books on your list the same as mine? Let me know in the comment section below or via any of my social media links (below and in the sidebar). I will see you Wednesday with a brand new blog post for you all!
______________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'Current Favourites'

Comments