I'm Back...With Banana Cake!


So firstly, I owe you an explanation as to why I haven't been posting much over the past few weeks. I just didn't feel motivated enough to start planning new content. Although this is the first post of July, I will be uploading another baking post tomorrow to make up for missing Sunday's post. June was a very busy, hectic month and as much as I'd have liked to post new content twice a week, I just couldn't. I do apologise for the dry spell, but here I am, I'm back, I think I just needed a bit of a break :)

Having addressed the elephant in the room, shall we get on with the blog post?

I made banana cake the other day for the first time, and it was a success! I was surprised at how quick and easy it was to prepare, so I thought I'd blog about it and show you how I made this beautifully delicious cake :)

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
Serves: 16-20

Ingredients

*190g margarine
*190g brown sugar
*3 eggs
*190g wholemeal self raising flour
*2.5 tsp baking powder
*3 mashed bananas
ADDITIONAL: You could add walnuts, or a packet of milk chocolate chips to add to the flavour or the texture of the sponge!

Method
1) Pre heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.

2) Cream the margarine and the sugar together until the mixture turns fluffy an light (ish) in colour.

3) Take the eggs, add one and mix it in, then add the second with a tbsp. of flour, and the third also with a tbsp. of flour.

4) Tip in the remaining flour and the baking powder, fold it into the mixture, don't mix it.
5) Mash the bananas either with a fork or an electric whisky. The bananas need mashed as finely as possibly so they're well distributed throughout the sponge.

6) Pour in the bananas and fold well.

7) Once the mixture is thoroughly folded through, pour it into a bread tin and smooth over the top with a spatula. If you've made too much, spoon the remaining mixture into some muffin/cupcake cases and place in the oven with the loaf so as not to waste any mixture.

8) Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, don't adjust the temperature.

9) Once cooked, leave in the tin for 2-3 minutes to cool, transfer the loaf to a cooling wrack and when ready, cut into slices.

10) Serve, eat and enjoy :)

I hope you enjoyed this post! If you give this a go, do let me know in the comments or via my social media links below! See you tomorrow my lovelies!
________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'Tasty Herbal Tea Infusions'

Comments

Popular Posts