My Current Favourites


So this Wednesday, I'm back with a current favourites post, as you can see judging by the title. This is in place of a 'June Favourites', so I hope you enjoy this most recent blog entry :) Shall we get started?

Barry M Lip Liners


I don't know about you, but I don't actually use these as lip liners, I use them simply fill my lips in! If you haven't found a matte lipstick you like yet, then give these a try! They're so easy to apply and remove, they come in many different colours and they're super cheap! The colour pay off is amazing and they're so long wearing! Give these a try if you're on the look out for a lipstick change up!

(from left to right)
Shade 15
Shade 6
Shade 5

Click to Buy

'Everything Everything' - Nicola Yoon


If you're going on holiday, or even if you're off somewhere that requires a long plane journey or car ride, then this would be a great book to take with you! it's very short so you'd be able to read it in a few hours! Let me tell you what it's about :)

This book is about a girl who has a medical condition which means she can't leave the house. She's 17 years old and has never experienced life outside of her home she shares with her mum and her nurse (the nurse doesn't live with them, but she pops round everyday to run tests etc). One day, a boy moves in next door which entices her out of the confines of her house! It's a story of love and hints of heartbreak. It isn't your typical love story, but it's definitely one for all you romantics out there! With a few twists along the way, you learn more about her life and also you get an insight into the mind of her mother. But something isn't as it seems.

I've been recommending this book to all my friends, I'm giving it to a friend to borrow next week and she can't wait! Give it a read if you can, I devoured it in 3 and a half hours! It's a real page turner :)


Vinyls


Like most people, I've jumped onto the vinyl bandwagon. I have a beautiful vintage looking turntable and I couldn't wait to finally get my hands on some records. I have some vintage ones and some brand new ones, and the ones in the photograph above aren't all the ones I own! I couldn't fit them all in the frame!

There's just something really nice about listening to vinyls. The quality is surprisingly good, even when it comes to the vintage copies! They're really easy to get out, put on and play! I'm always on the look out for a new vinyl to buy, I find Amazon really useful for finding new records just in case you too are just as obsessed with them as I am ;)


Michael Jackson - Thriller
Elvis - 40 Greatest Hits
ABBA - Arrival


Adele - 25
Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack - Awesome Mix Vol. 1
Ed Sheeran - +

Tresemme  'Oleo Radiance' Creamy Moisture Hair Mask


I purchased this some time ago, I mentioned to a friend that I needed a new one, but I haven't yet found one I swear by or would repurchase. She recommended this one to me, it's one she had purchased over and over again and loves to pieces. So I thought I'd give it a go and I'm so glad I did! It's a lot thicker than any other ones I've tried which means I only use a little bit on the ends of my hair. It feels a lot more luxurious than any other ones I've tried, and for the price it isn't bad at all!


I apply it to the ends of my hair and leave for five minutes to work it's magic, then I'll rinse it through with warm water. My hair has never felt so soft! It also looks incredibly shiny! My hair is naturally very shiny, I don't use anything on it to make it look shiny, but this just gives some body to my brunette mop and I'm in love. Even at £6.99 a pop, I'll repurchase it! I can see it lasting a very long time, and for the quality, it's definitely worth the price tag!


Barry M 'Hi Shine' Gelly Nail Polishes


I've already written a blog post about these nail polishes which I will leave here for you, so I won't go into too much detail about them in this one! But they really are some of the best nail polishes I've tried! I hate painting my nails because it takes time and patience to get them right, two things I don't usually have, but wish I did. These go on really nicely, they dry very quickly and they're also available in pretty much every colour under the sun! They have leave a beautiful shine on the nails and they're also pretty long wearing. I'm very impressed. These almost make me want to throw out all my existing nail polishes just so I can replace them all with these! Amazing!



Notebooks & List Making


I'm trying to get super organised with life admin right now! Next year, I'm sharing a house with some friends, and I have been nominated to be head tenant which in itself is a huge responsibility and I want to make sure I'm ready! Hence all the notebooks!

They're not all for boring, grown up life admin though, I also have some to plan posts for my blog, and the little one just lives in my handbag in case I get an idea for a new post while I'm out and about. I have a little A5 diary which I use to jot down really important info, so it's nice to have a pretty little notebook, which is also lined, to write down some nice, exciting things! These notebooks were from Sainsburys by the way! I love them :)

Click to Buy (Similar Notebooks)

Floral Bun Crowns & Scrunchies


I have my hair up rather a lot for work and for the gym, so having the same hair style pretty much everyday can get tiresome so I like to change up my looks everyday by adding a floral crown a classic top knot or by adding a cute scrunchie to an otherwise boring pony tail. If you're on the look out for some cute hair accessories, Primark are really upping their game in terms of Spring/Summer trends, they're also available at really affordable prices, so go on down and check out their ranges :)


They also look really pretty when placed in a little glass jar! I added a ribbon to mine :)



I hope you enjoyed this blog post! I'll be back Sunday with a brand new blog post for you all :)
______________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'Pear & Toffee Muffins'

Comments

  1. Oh gosh those scrunchies are so cute! I mainly use plain black ones at the moment but a nice floral one would feel so summery! I'll have to have a look in Primark and things :) This is such a lovely blog post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means a lot! I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment