Everything That Made Me Happy This Week


This has been a funny old week for a number of reasons. The first being that we've just bought our first house and so we're still in that bubble of happiness, along with all the stresses and tiredness that buying and moving house brings. But now it's over and we feel more settled, I can finally reflect on the week that's gone and think about everything that made me happy over the last seven days. From big things to small things, I've managed to find some happiness in it - enjoy!

We moved into our new house

We actually bought our new house on 2nd November, but we didn't move in until the 8th. So the Monday just gone was a hectic affair but it was SO WORTH IT. Although for most of this week we've been living out of boxes and suitcases, bit by bit, we're unboxing each room and finding a place for things. I feel so much more put together and settled now and it feels like completely the right thing. We had that feeling looking round it in the first place and it feels even more right now that we're in - amazing.

I used my brand new washing machine

You may or may not know that we rented a house together over lockdown and that house came with a tiny, inefficient, old washing machine that I could barely wash a pillow case in. So one of the things I was looking forward to most about buying a new house was buying a new washing machine. The one we have is an integrated Hoover 'H-Wash 300 Pro Integrated Wi-Fi-Enabled Washing Machine' in white and chrome. It can take a 9kg load and has a spin speed of up to 1600 rpm - a dream some true! 

We finally chose some paint samples

If you've ever bought your own home, you'll know that one of the first things you'd like to do is put your own stamp on it. This is true of us as we're dying to rip down some purple wallpaper in the living room and paint it a beautiful dark blue colour. I also can't wait for some new flooring in there but that's a chat for another day, haha. 

In preparation for painting the walls, however, we finally bit the bullet and bought some Dulux paint samples to put on the walls and so far, we're quite impressed with our choices. There are just a few things we have to do first before painting any walls, but don't worry, I'll take you on the renovation journey with me, if you'd like? :)

I booked the week off work

I absolute love my job. I couldn't really imagine doing anything else for a living, to be honest. But this was a time in my life where I really just needed a break from life things and so having those five days off work really did me the world of good. 

I managed to get a lot of unpacking done and have the house straightened up in time for my return on Monday, which is just what I wanted. Not only that, but it also gave me a bit of time to warm up to the new house and get used to our new home. It also meant I got a lot more sleep as well, haha.

We've finally got a big clock

We've wanted a large clock to put on the wall for some time now. It was just a matter of which one, what colour and where to put it in the house. It went from going above the fireplace to the hallway and even in the kitchen, but we eventually settle for the large wall in the dining area and we absolutely love it! It even goes with the industrial-style lamp shade we have for the big light - winner, winner. It was from Dunelm and only cost us £35! If you like the look of it, I'll link it below for you :)


I bought a Christmas Gnome 

I've always wanted a stand-up Christmas gnome decoration and when I saw this, also in Dunelm, I just couldn't resist putting him in my basket! His name is Murray (Murray Christmas, see what I did there? ;) ) and he just adds a hint of festivity to the place. Oh and did I mention he also lights up?! Whatta guy.



***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know in the comments what you've been loving this week, or something that's happened to you that has made you happy. I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post - take care!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts