5 Magical Places I Would Love to Visit at Christmas

Christmas is such a magical time of year and for my entire life I have spent it in my home city of Nottingham and I wouldn't change that because I love to be around family on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and also over the New Year, but it would be nice to spend some time away from place I'm so familiar with when the festive season kicks in - coming back before the big day, of course, haha. 

New York, USA

I've been to New York, about seven or eight years ago now, and it was absolutely amazing! It was such a wonderful holiday and I wouldn't have changed anything about it. But it would be amazing to go back and experience the 'City That Never Sleeps' at Christmas. 

It seems like a totally different world over the festive season and it would be an absolute dream to go and experience that for myself one day. But with Covid still rearing its ugly head, I'm not sure when I'll get to go and check it out, but I'll be sure to keep you posted with my holiday plans if and when we go :)

Disney World, Florida, USA

Again, I have been to Florida before but not at Christmas. Disney World is such a wonderful place and it would be marvellous to go to this incredible place when all the festivities are going on. Apparently, getting there just after Thanksgiving is the ideal to time to go if you want the full 'Christmas at Disney' experience and I am all for that!

Norway

I don't have a specific place in mind when it comes to visiting Norway, but they seem to have it so right when it comes to celebrating Christmas. Even though the nights are cold and dark, it's warm, cosy and calm indoors. I'd also love to try the food they serve out there as they really do prepare some delicious delicacies that sound incredible! 

This includes lamb and dried mutton, pork ribs, fresh fish from a long coast and amazing cups of spiced hot beverages. It would be an honour to give these things a try just to experience the delight of Norwegian food.  

Berlin, Germany

I have been to Berlin before but never at Christmas. I hear that their Christmas markets are second-to-none and unlike anything we experience here in England so it would be a privilege to scour the markets there and try all of the amazing food they have available there. It would also be great to experience the general atmosphere  and the hustle and bustle of the market and the city itself.

Bath, England

Haha, surprise, surprise but I've been here before as well! But again, it wasn't at Christmas but it would be lovely to go to this city again during the festive period. It would be interesting to see how they decorate the buildings and the surroundings because it's already a beautiful place so it would be wonderful to see it in and amongst all the festivities.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Where would you like to go at Christmas one day? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts