Hickory's Smokehouse at Christmas | We're Back Again!


Yesterday my family and I went to Hickory's Smokehouse in Nuthall, Nottingham for some lunch and it was absolutely delicious! Tom and I have been before (read about our first experience here) and we were impressed then, but it was the first time the rest of my family had been. We managed to get seated in a booth in the middle of an empty space so we weren't placed near other diners, which was good. 

We each had something different with a couple of appetisers thrown in for good for measure. We started with burnt ends popcorn, chicken in a basket and some baby back ribs in a BBQ sauce and even they were sublime when it came to flavour, textures and both the wet and dry rubs. They were very generous in terms of portion sizes - quite big for a starter I would say - so you could definitely get away with sharing one with someone else if you preferred.

Our mains came out with some side dishes. The side dishes we chose were: macaroni cheese, corn on the cob, mushrooms and onion rings. In terms of the mains we went for, again, we all went for something different, other than my dad and I. We both had brisket although my dad asked for his to come with as little fat as possible, which they did! I wasn't too fussed about the fat as I could just cut it off (which is what I do with my meat dishes anyway). My sister went for a classic Hickory's burger, my mum chose pulled pork and Tom had some baby back ribs with a dry rub. 

Everything was just amazing when it came to overall taste and flavours which isn't surprising given that the founders have taken inspiration from Tennessee in America after travelling there to learn the art of smoking meat. You can read more about that in my previous blog post about our visit to Hickory's (read that here). 


If you haven't visiting a Hickory's Smokehouse before, then it's well worth the visit and you probably won't find smoked meat anywhere like it in the UK. It's the closest Tom and I have come to the sort of food they served in Nashville and Memphis when we visited there a few years ago, so we're always impressed by how they do things there - give it a go, you'll thank me later :)

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below whether you've been to one of their establishments before and what you thought to it. Have I managed to persuade you to pay a visit? I'll see you again soon with a brand new blog post!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments