My Christmas To-Do List | Everything I Need to Do Next Week

Christmas is a super busy time of year for all of us and with the added stress and pressure that modern, adult life brings, it only gets more jam-packed in terms of things that need doing before the big day arrives and my schedule is no different. Just to be completely honest about how far behind I'm feeling right now, I thought it would be worth while publishing everything I have to get done before the 25th of the month, just so you don't feel as overwhelmed as I do, haha. We're all in the same boat! So let's get on with it (because the list is pretty long...).

Buying some last minute presents

Although the majority of our Christmas shopping is done for friends and family, there are still a few small things we need to get to complete the gift-giving process. It mainly just involves buying novelty pieces of chocolate or a few stocking fillers, but they should be simple enough to get, hopefully during the next trip to the supermarket :)

Bringing my car in for its MOT

It's a well-known fact of life when you get a car that you have to get it MOT'ed - boring, but necessary. I've booked it in and paid for it online so the last thing left to do is to drive it in and have it tested. I'm sure all will be well but it doesn't stop you from feeling slightly nervous about the outcome, haha. I'll be sure to give you all an update when I get the results, if you're bothered! You can read about my car (that I've only had for a year) here

Wrapping outstanding presents

Now when I say "outstanding", I don't mean 'magnificent' or 'fantastic', I actually just mean that they're still waiting to be wrapped...I like to do as much of them as possible all in one go as it can create a bit of mess and most of the dining room table is occupied as well, which is annoying for Tom sometimes but he doesn't mind, haha. I love wrapping presents though so it's not a chore, it just takes quite a while as I like them to look as good as possible :)

Buying mulled wine, cheese, olives & mixers

As I'm writing this, we've just come back from the supermarket having bought a couple of bottles of mulled wine from Sainsbury's (the 'Taste the Difference') because that's the best one I've found, ready made, for a decent price. We've also bought some tonic water so we're all good in that department. The only thing we do still need is cheese, olives and cooked meats. We also need a few nibbly bits for impromptu buffets, such as mozzarella sticks, beef sliders and other hot/warm nibbles.

Wash our festive bed sheets

We have red tartan bed sheets that I recently bought for use over Christmas and I need to put them through the wash in time for the big day. I'm sure I'll post a picture on here or over on my Instagram Stories once the bed spread is ready for sleeping in. It's a really duvet set that's made from a brushed cotton material so it's nice and soft and cosy for the cold weather.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know in the comments what you still have to do before Christmas Day and I'll see you all again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts