Our First Christmas Tree in Our New House



As you know, at the start of November, Tom and I bought our first house together. If you'd like to know more about that, you can take a look at the blog post I wrote here. So considering we've only been in the house for a month, we've settled in really nicely and even begun decorating to make it our own. 

Right now, we're sorting out the living room, hence why there aren't any skirting boards present in the above photo, haha. We didn't like the old skirting boards and they weren't fitted so well (and neither is the floor, haha) so we're replacing those and even getting a new laminate floor, hopefully in time for February.

We have started on the downstairs loo by way of taking off tiles and wallpaper but that's as far as we've got so far. We've stopped decorating for now just so we can properly enjoy Christmas but we'll resume after the new year, hopefully to get it done in time for late winter as we have a huge corner sofa coming which I cannot wait for. So the living room, at least, needs to be done by then (I'm sure it will be). I'll also be doing a before and after blog post once it's all finished so I'm really looking forward to doing that for that :)

Anyway, back to the Christmas tree! I picked this real one out on my own this year (which is unheard of) and I'm really happy with my choice, especially looking at it now it's been dressed. We have always loved the warm Christmas lights as opposed to the whiter LEDs and we also have a few new Christmas baubles this year, including a few Disney ones, one from Chatsworth House and another with '2021' on it to signify the year we bought our first home together. I've left some photos of our new baubles below for you - they're not the best quality, so bear with me! :)


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Do you like a real tree or a fake one? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you again really soon with a brand new article - MERRY CHRISTMAS!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST

Coming Soon


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts