How to Treat Yourself This Christmas

Christmas has always been a time for thinking of others, but once everyone else has been treated, it's only fair that you get a bit of TLC at some point as well! I often wondered what it meant, exactly, to treat yourself at Christmas and after much deliberation and (some) trial and error, I've found a few simply-yet-effective ways in which to treat myself during the festive season and I thought I'd share those with you today :)

Give in to your Christmas cravings

I always use Christmas as an excuse to eat any naughty thing in sight, without thinking about the calories involved or how much fat or sugar is in something. It happens once a year and by the time it rolls around, I'm ready to let loose by way of eating, within reason. 

Opening a box of Celebrations during a Christmas film or adding some Bailey's to my evening hot choc are some of the things I wouldn't eat or do on the daily, for example. If I'm on the fence about having a slice of cake with my coffee, I just say "bugger it, it's Christmas" and job's a good'en.

Don't be afraid to turn plans down

It's cold, wet and windy outside now, I mean, it is December! The last thing I want to do is leave my warm, cosy house in rubbish weather, so don't be worried about saying "no" to going out during this festive season. Covid might also play a part in people not wanting to go out and mix with others, which is completely fine! You do you :)

Set the festive scene

I absolutely love making my house look and feel festive. I'll start preparing in the last week of November and by the time December is in full swing the house will be covered in Christmas lights, garlands and lots of little seasonal trinkets dotted around the place. We bought a Christmas gnome this year and a wooden nutcracker that stands at around half a metre tall and I can't wait to put them all in situ.

Completely switch off

Once the out of office goes on, that's it for me. I am well and truly done for Christmas. I'll still have my phone on and I'll check social media but when it comes to work, I completely switch off. I also try and just relax and filter out the stresses that often come with everyday life. Christmas is a time for chillin' and thinking of nothing but spending time with family and friends and eating all the food!

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! I'll see you again soon with a brand new one :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts