Everything I Loved in March


March has been and gone, how are we three months into the year already? I say it every month but this has just flown by. I think that's because we're all dreading April for many reasons and it's come around far quicker than I wanted it to, but hey ho - let's plough through. Anyway, let's add some positivity shall we? Here's everything I have been loving this March - enjoy!

Married at First Sight - Australia

We're probably wayyyy behind the times with this one as I think it started back in February, but we loved the last season so much that we decided to give this one a go and so far, we're really enjoying it. Where it's not filled with as much drama as there was last season, this one is still pretty good in terms of scandal, scripted or not. 

It's really the only reason why we watch the show, something I think a lot of people watch it for to be fair, haha. So far, we don't really have any favourites, but let me know which couple is yours, if you watch it!

Going for a village walk

On Saturday 19th March, my family and I went for a beautiful walk around the village where we now live and it was such a gorgeous day. Being with the people I love plus the amazing weather and the beautiful surroundings where we live just made me so happy and I'll be sure to remember it for years to come! I wrote a blog post about the day and you can read all about that here.

Yankee Candle - 'A Calm & Quiet Place'

I loved this candle so much that I dedicated an entire blog post to it, something you can read here. It smells super fresh and the scent manages to travel all the way through the house, despite being all the way in the kitchen. 

I find the kitchen is the best place for it as it replaces those foody smells with a refreshing, clean-smelling scent. It really does make all the difference, especially if you've been cooking a curry or something else that might end up making the whole house smell of your dinner.

Yellow Tail, Jammy Red Roo red wine

I don't usually promote alcohol or at least I don't make a regular thing of it, not intentionally, it's just the way it is I guess. But this wine is something I've been particularly loving this past month and it stands out in my mind as something I've really enjoyed. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't drink alcohol on the regular, but there have been a couple of occasions that occurred this month that needed to be celebrated, my birthday being one of them, and so it was only natural to break out the wine to enjoy with family and friends.

Spending my birthday at Kedleston Hall 

Tom and I both booked a day off work to celebrate my 27th birthday. We had a really lovely walk around Kedleston Hall in the heart of the Derbyshire countryside. Where we did think that the weather would hold out and be nice and sunny, in the end, it was a bit cloudy, but that didn't take away from the enjoyment of the day. You can read about what I got up to on my birthday here.

Hot cross buns for breakfast

I love me a toasted hot cross bun. In fact, we even made our own a few years ago, so if you want to know how to do it (it's actually pretty straightforward) then you can read that blog post here

But seeing as it's Easter (nearly) we've been adding a packet of hot cross buns to our weekly shopping list because we love to have a toasted one with a coffee for breakfast or as a snack in the day. I like lots of butter on mine and it has to go on as soon as they pop up out of the toaster.

My cosy cream PJ bottoms

Like I've said, I feel like March has been a pretty cold month. It's not often that us Brits have a warm spring and this year was no different. So I've been living in these pyjama bottoms as they're super thick and very soft. 

They're also pretty stretchy and they have ankle cuffs at the bottom, so you won't be able to get your feet caught up in the trouser leg like I usually do. It also makes them great for a shorter person as I don't have to roll them up, they just sit nicely on my ankles, although the legs become pretty baggy as a result - where else is all that extra length supposed to go, eh? Haha.

My beautiful birthday flowers

For my birthday, my parents sent me some flowers in the post from Bloom & Wild and I absolutely love them. They're just gorgeous, reminding me of a flower meadow in the middle of summer. They also smell divine and whenever I look at them, it just reminds me of my parents and how much I love and appreciate them.


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? What have you been loving over March? Are Any of your favourites the same as mine? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments