4 Makeup Tips for People Who Wear Glasses

I'm quite lucky in the fact that I don't have to wear glasses 24/7, but I do have to wear them to see long distances, which is most of the time. But with that comes the struggle of wearing makeup and glasses at the same time, which I'm sure a lot of you out there have had the same problem if you're also glasses-wearers. So what do I do, makeup wise, when it comes to combining the two? 

1. Use a magnifying mirror

This is really a tip for everyone, not just for those who wear glasses. The great thing about using a magnifying a mirror to apply your makeup is that you can see everything. As I've said, I have issues with longer distances, so for me to use a mirror that's far away doesn't end up with good results. A magnifying mirror is a godsend because not only can I see what I'm doing, but I can also see, more clearly, where things need blending in a bit more.

2. Don't wear too much foundation

This is a common mistake when wearing glasses. You might have found this if you don't need to wear glasses but wear sunglasses with makeup on. But your foundation will just rub off onto the nose grips, arms and on the frame where the lenses sit. I only really wear concealer these days. I'm not big on lots of foundation, generally, but if I'm going somewhere nice or somewhere that requires me to dress up a bit, then I'll whack a bit on, but not too much. 

Not only does it look odd when you take your glasses off (because the foundation has transferred from your face to your glasses), but it dirties your glasses and the frame. I find I have to clean my glasses regularly after wearing them with makeup, so don't make life harder for yourself by having too much foundation on, haha.

3. Curl your eye lashes

We've all had the issue of lashes getting caught on lenses and frames, so I find the best thing to do is to curl them upwards, more so than usual, so that they don't hit the glasses. I also find that, if they do end up touching the inside of my lenses, it leaves them with streak marks that I constantly have to buff out. Curling the lashes keeps them away from the lenses and frame itself, leaving me free to blink freely!

4. Use light-reflecting concealer

Depending on your prescription, your glasses might end up magnifying the area around your eyes. It might also be that just having glass in that area at all will have an unflattering effect, leaving you with the appearance of dark circles, for example. Instead, use light-reflecting concealer to help combat those issues and you'll soon notice that you're getting a brighter, fresher look when you wear your glasses :)

***

I hope you found this blog post useful? Do you wear glasses? If so, do you have any makeup tips for your fellow glasses-wearers? Leave them in the comments below and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts