Everything I Loved in July


Here we are again, at the end of another month. We're now more than half way through the year, which seems to have happened almost overnight, but that's probably because we've been so busy so far. 

We got married, I had a birthday, we went on honeymoon and we've been making some big changes in the back garden, so no wonder it's gone so quickly. But what I have actually loved in July, despite being snowed under? Let's take a look.

ACDC in concert

This month, we headed into London to see AC/DC at Wembley Stadium. It was super loud but really cool. It's something that I can now tick off my bucket list. If you're into rock and roll and love the raw take on bad-ass music, then this was the tour for you to go on. 

Tom bought a T-shirt, in true fashion, and I just sat and enjoyed the show. It was actually quite cold though. I went wearing a T-shirt and a jacket and had to muse the outlets for a hoodie because I was so chilly. 

But I'm glad I did because it got colder as the night went on. But that didn't take away from the awesomeness of the experience. If you want to read my full review on the concert, take a look at this blog post.

Joining the VW family - a new car

This month, we bought a new car. I still have my little Vauxhall Adam, but Tom is now driving a three-year-old Volkswagen Golf. It has all of the mod-cons that you could think of, including things like lane assist. It's still a lot to get used to, but it's such a smooth and comfortable ride. Also, it's black, in case you were wondering what colour it was.

It even has lights in the dashboard and ones that illuminate the floor when you open the door - how cool is that?! Anyway, we've been looking to join the VW family for a while, but it takes time to find the right car that'll suit your needs both now and in the future. So here we are and we're enjoying every minute of it :)

Making some more headway in the garden

Our back garden has been a hot topic on my Instagram account recently. Loads of people have been asking me how to project is going and whether it's stagnated or not. The answer is, it's never been more productive out there in recent weeks. 

We've made some real headway. We've finished the flower beds at the back and we've replaced the fence panels that we wanted to. We've also taken down the conservatory (which is more like a shed than a working room) and we've then smashed our way through about a foot of concrete all along the backside of the house. 

The digging is the thing that has taken the most time. We're currently three 8-yard skips down as well, and we're still counting. I've left some pictures below of the progress so far, so keep your eyes peeled for a reveal, possibly more in the autumn rather than the summer now. 

Watching the Euros

Despite not actually winning the Euros, it was fun to watch us get so far. It was also good to get everyone together to watch it. My parents and Tom's parent came over to ours to watch it and it was so entertaining. 

Mainly because you got to hear everyone else's thoughts and watch people's reactions. It was a great match and a fab outcome, even though we didn't win the tournament. But hey ho, there's always the World Cup, haha.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments what you've loved throughout the month of July and I will see you again very soon with some brand new content :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST 



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts