My Sun Cream Pick for 2024: PIZ BUIn Moisturising Sun Lotion

It's that time of year again when I give you yet another sun cream pick that has caught my eye. I'm not going to lie, this isn't something that I've used for just the summer. It's the one I took with me on our Californian honeymoon

I've used through the baking heat of LA and Hollywood, right through to the scorching weather in Las Vegas, Nevada, so it's truly been put to the test. Seeing as I've been using it during our garden landscaping project so far, and through temperatures exceeding 30 degrees, it seemed like the right time to give it a review. So what do I reckon? Let's take a look!

What is the consistency like?

The consistency isn't thick, but it's not like an oil. It's not super thin either. It's runny, but it's so easy to rub into the skin. I find that if it's simply runny, it's easier to spread and it goes a lot further. It also doesn't take long to sink in and dry off, so you're putting your clothes on before you know it. 

It also makes it ideal for topping up your sun cream throughout the day. Even if you get some of it on your clothes, it doesn't stain them yellow, so it washes off in no time, leaving no sign that a sun cream mishap happened at all. 

What does it smell like?

It might seem like a funny thing to review about a sun scream, but it's a very important element for me. It doesn't smell like other sun creams. I can't really describe the smell to you, other than refreshing and "clean". Because it smells different from other sun creams, this one will always remind me of our honeymoon, which is one of the reasons why I will keep repurchasing it.

How long does it last?

This sun cream lasts for about four hours before it needs a top up. Of course, this depends on your activities while you're wearing it. Are you exercising and sweating or are you lounging by the pool and enjoy the sunshine with not a care in the world? If it's the latter, it will last for a few hours on the skin. 

However, if you're being active and are sweating, then a top up will be needed more regularly. This was the case when we were doing the garden (and still are doing). I can't put a time frame on that one, it's just whenever you feel like a top up is needed. Keep the bottle near by for quick and easy usage.

How moisturising is it?

"Moisturising" isn't normally an adjective associated with sun cream, which is what drew me to this product in the first place. I found that other, cheaper sun creams were either drying or greasy, but this one is different. 

I've already discussed the consistency with you, but the moisturising aspect is second-to-none when compared with other sun creams. I actually feel like it's working its way into the skin, rather than just sitting on top and providing a barrier. It's the sun cream that goes the extra mile.

How much is it?

In comparison to other sun creams on the market, it's not cheap, but it's not as expensive as sun creams can get. I bought this one for around £7, as opposed to about £4.50 for the Boots own sun cream. So while you're buying nearly twice the price, it really does feel more luxurious and it's a nicer consistency than the cheaper alternatives. Is it worth the cash? Absolutely.


***

I hope you found this blog post useful? Let me know in the comments below what your favourite sun cream is. Is it the same as mine this year? I'll see you again very soon with some brand new content.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts