Trip to Leicester | Richard III, Ice Cream & The Lanes

Today, my family and two of our family friends, went on a day trip to Leicester. We wanted to see the Richard III exhibit and wear he was buried and remarkably, where he was found which was incredible! In and amongst that we browsed the city and ate some delicious food. I took my wonderful camera with me so I could blog about the day, I hope you enjoy it :)

The train journey there...
Making our way to the cathedral where Richard III is buried...

My Family & Friends (from left to right: Our friend Elise, our friend Pascale, Mum, Dad, my brother Nathan & my sister Sophie)

 The canal taken from one side of the bridge...

 The canal, taken from the other side of the bridge

 My younger brother and sister :)

 Mr and Mrs Swan :D

 The 'Green Man's' May Pole

 I uploaded the second one as my brother seems to be doing some kind of Usain Bolt move in the background xD

The cathedral where Richard III is buried!

Looking around the cathedral...
 What a beautiful ceiling :)

 Richard III's tomb (he is buried in the ground, not in the stone you see)

 The blanket that covered his coffin before he was buried.

 A replica of his crown!

 Yes, this is a flower bed with daffs growing inside a church! I love it :)

Getting some lunch...
The Lanes

 How cute is this cafe?

 Nathan being all posy xD

 Sophie chilling by the window :)

 The mozzarella and sun dried tomato panini I had for lunch! 

 My Mum had this tasty couscous dish :)

Making our way to the museum...
 I love Leicester's city centre :)

The outside of the cafe we ate at

 Seriously want to buy everything in this window xD

Replica of Richard's skeleton, what he would have looked like and where his remains were found (AKA inside the museum)...
 The entrance (opposite the cathedral)

 A monologue at the beginning of the exhibition giving you some historic context


 List of actors that played Richard III in Shakespeare's play

 Replica of one of Ian Mckellen's costumes

 View from the observatory

 3D blueprint of the grounds

 the digger that excavated the site initially

 The tools and uniform of the people that helped find and move the remains

 The wellington boots (rain boots) of the lady that led the dig

 A replica of what his armour would have looked like (obviously it wouldn't have been white...yes I thought it was a storn trooper at first too xD)

A replica of Richard's remains

 How they managed to make a life sized head of the King

 What they think Richard really looked like

 The site where Richard's skeleton was found

 On the way our of the museum

 On the way home, we saw a news reporter, got amazing ice cream and walked past an old fashioned sweet shop :)

 I'm not sure which news channel he is from, but I do recognise his voice! He kept repeating his lines!

 SO MUCH ICE CREAM!

 I opted for a milk chocolate ice cream and coconut sorbet combo and it was delicious!

 You could also have coffee and a cake if you didn't fancy ice cream :)

 Cute old fashioned sweet shop

 A blast from the past in the train station :)

Home and Dinner at Bill's 

Back in Nottingham

 Dad had a large green smoothie!

 Mum had a pink lemonade

 I had a hallumi and humous burger with skinny fries

 I'm not too sure what Dad had but it looks pretty tasty and apparently it was spicy!

 Mum had a fish pie, including salmon, cod, scallops and prawns

If you live in Nottingham, or any city where there's a Bill's restaurant, I highly suggest you pay them a visit, it was amazing!

I hope you enjoyed this post, it was more photo heavy, but I think most of you prefer those with a few captions! Let me know if you've been to see the Richard III exhibition or even if you live in Leicester and have been to the same places we have! I'll leave all the links to my social media below should you wish to contact me!

I will see you tomorrow (well, later on today seeing as it is ten to one in the morning and no longer the 14th April xD) with a new post where I reveal the project I have been working on! See you later :)

________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

DISCLAIMER
I have not been paid or sponsored to write this specific blog post. All views and opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any companies that may be mentioned in this blog post. All photographic content is my own. No Copyright infringement intended.

Comments

Popular Posts