5 Essentials for a Cosy Night In


I love a cosy night in as much as the next person does. I'm one of those twenty somethings who prefer a snuggle on the sofa with a good magazine, hot chocolate, a fluffy pair of socks and a delicious smelling candle. Boring I know, but there's just something about it which makes me feel relaxed and ready for bed by 10pm! Let me know if you chill out in the same way, or if there's anything you do that you'd recommend. Enjoy!

Reading Material or Visual Entertainment


If my plan is to go to bed within a couple of hours, I'll pick up a book or a good magazine. It allows me to detach myself from the real world for a while and focus on the story I've become entangled in, or the latest beauty trends that have been published in Vogue. It also means I take some much needed time away from any forms of social media and the harsh light of a retina display iPhone screen. However, there have been times where I've dozed off in the middle of 'The Crown'...not because it's boring, it's a very good series, but just because I've felt so relaxed!

Snacks, Nibbles & a Selection of Beverages


No night in is complete without a few delicious, sometimes naughty, treats. My favourites include CrunchyRocks, Fruit Pastilles or a couple of Sainsbury's plain breadsticks (boring I know, but there's just something about them). Also does a big glass of red wine count? Haha. If you're also partial to the odd alcoholic beverage, please drink responsibly.

Candles


There's something calming about a lit candle, even more so when it smells amazing. The one I've been loving at the moment is this one from Sainsburys, the scent is 'Spiced Cardamom & Amber' and it smells incredible. During the festive season, I have 'Christmas Cookie' (by Yankee Candle) burning most days, it just makes my house smell delicious, as though someone has been baking fresh festive goodies all day! Yummy.

Lounge Wear


Everyone loves spending the day in their PJs right? They're warm and comfy, I often wish I could leave the house wearing my PJs but something tells me that I wouldn't be very well received by the public in Waitrose for example. But if I could, I'd wear them everywhere, so just lounging around on the sofa or chilling in bed is no exception. Get on your fluffy PJ bottoms, throw on that cute jumper that's about three sizes too big for you and pull on some thick woolly socks. You'll feel much more comfortable and probably a lot warmer during these colder months. It might also mean you can turn your heating down slightly and save some money on your gas bill ;)

Face Masks & Biore Strips


No relaxation evening would be complete without at least one pamper ritual being conducted. My favourite includes a freshly washed face, a face mask and a biore strip for good measure. There's just something about a good pamper session that makes me feel clean and ready for bed. Not only does it mean I am FORCED to take my makeup off, it also means my face has been thoroughly washed, the dead skin has been washed away, my skin feels rejuvenated and my pores feel clear. It makes me feel fresh and ready for a lovely night's sleep so I can face the next day.

***


I hope you found this post useful, either that or it's made you dreadfully sleepy and you now can't wait to get tucked up into bed with your jammies on, a candle on the go, hot chocolate in hand and 'Strictly Come Dancing' on the box. I will see you next time with a brand new blog post!


***

WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. I think my ultimate thing for a cosy night is a face mask and some fluffy socks.. maybe a blanket as well :) Thanks for sharing your cosy night essentials :) Laura / https://laustworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! They sound like the perfect additions to a cosy night in, especially now the days are getting colder and snow has been forecast for some of the UK! I'm really glad you enjoyed this post :) Thank you for stopping by, I'll for sure be checking out yours!


      Lorna X

      Delete

Post a Comment