24 Hours in Shepperton Village


Over the weekend, my family and I visited the small village of Shepperton, Surrey. We stayed there to attend a memorial service to remember my beloved grandma, who passed away a year ago. It was a beautiful, poignant service. We all lit candles for those we had lost and afterwards, were invited for tea, coffee and biscuits to talk to each other about the memories we have of loved ones who had passed away. It was an emotional experience, its something the church does every year, so it may well become an annual pilgrimage around this time of year.

Because we live about three hours away, we had to say over night. We stayed at a hotel called The Anchor. It was cosy and very old. They had a bar as well, so we spent Saturday night having a few drinks in wonderful company. The surrounding area was beautiful. A very small village in a rural setting. Complete with a pub, hairdressers, post office and their own little church. It was very pretty, too pretty for me not to take a few photos. Not only that, but we weren't far from the River Thames!

We went for a walk on the Sunday before the service. We walked along the river and then settled down in the riverside pub for a roast dinner. I had a roasted lamb shank, seasoned with rosemary, it was delicious! It also came with all the trimmings, cabbage, carrots parsnips, roast potatoes and a huge Yorkshire Pudding! Not to mention the delicious gravy. One of the best roast dinners I'd had in a while anyway.

I thought I'd put this post together, more as a visual one so as not to bore anyone, it was also too pretty not to share with you all! I hope you enjoy :)


I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you've ever been, or whether you've visited any other pretty villages. I will see you next time!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. After looking over a few of the blog posts on your blog, I seriously appreciate your technique of writing a blog.
    I saved it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near
    future. Please visit my web site too and tell me how you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment