72 Hours in Norfolk


My boyfriend and I spent the last weekend in Norfolk. It was a really romantic, relaxing weekend, celebrating our anniversary. We stayed in a beautiful lodge on the outskirts of Great Yarmouth, it even came with a hot tub that we spent every single night in. It was truly perfect and I loved every minute. The credit of course, goes to my boyfriend who had booked it as a surprise and what a fantastic one it was! Not to mention, he had bought tickets to a very exciting event happening this Sunday, which of course I'll blog about, but it involves a very famous baker! Ooh spoilers!


Anyway, back onto the trip. We travelled around Norfolk over our long weekend there. Great Yarmouth has a lot of personal ties for me, family wise. I strangely felt at home there, I didn't really want to leave. It was full of arcades and cute rock shops (sticks of rock). We had some mouth watering fish and chips and then took a walk along the sea front. It was freezing cold though, so we made sure we were wrapped up warm.


The day after that, we visited a farm shop. It was basically just someone's back garden, who grows their own veg, makes their own jam and bakes their own cake. They still had some pumpkins left over from October for anyone who wants to bake a delicious pumpkin pie. With Christmas trees also being available to buy, we felt pretty festive! We had a lovely time just walking around the place, they even had chickens roaming the joint!


Afterwards, we went in search of a cosy pub for a drink. I went in because I really fancied a coffee, it was so cold! But when we walked in, I saw a sign for mulled wine and I just couldn't resist! We then went for a quick walk and eventually made our way back to the lodge as we wanted to cook a Sunday Roast! It was a success. I bought a cabbage at the farm shop to use and it was delicious, so much tastier than one that's supermarket bought!


On our last day, we visited Sandringham. We only went for a short walk around as the house and gardens had closed for the year. We had a coffee and a cream scone in the restaurant. We then proceeded to take a look around the gift shop. I bought quite a mixture of things, some hard boiled sweets, ginger pieces smothered in chocolate (in fairness, they're a Christmas present) a postcard and a pair of amazing oven gloves. Random!


Later that day, we visited Hunstanton and Wells-Next-The-Sea (no, that isn't a typo, haha). We had gone for coffee at a local coffee shop around there, recommended to us by my parents. It was called 'The Grey Seal' and it was delicious. I'd go back there purely for the coffee. Wells-Next-The-Sea was so pretty, it was a very nautical place, filled with boats and fishing nets. The sun was setting and the lighting was beautiful. There was also an arcade there, so of course, I had to have another go on the 2p machines (that I had become addicted to).


After our adventure, it was time to start the long journey back home. We had such a lovely time, it was perfect.

***

I hope you enjoyed this post. Have you read about my plans to do Blogmas this year? Exciting things are coming across the month of December, so keep you eyes peeled. For daily updates on new festive posts, make sure you're following me on Twitter or Instagram. See you tomorrow for the start of Blogmas!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments