Beauty on a Budget | Top 5 Under £5 | Skincare


If you've been following me for a few years now, you'll remember when I did a Budget Beauty series. Well I'm bringing it back for a short time on the run up to Christmas in three instalments, starting with skincare. So let's get into it shall we? 

Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm


Price: £2.69

I'm putting lip balm in with the skincare category. Lip care is part of my everyday skincare routine. Taking care of your lips can be just as important as moisturising the rest of your face, especially during the winter time when chapped lips can become somewhat of a problem. I find that lipsticks, especially matte lipsticks, look much better when applied to well prepped lips.

Carmex is well renowned for their lip products and have been for a very long time. When I ran out of my Blistex lip balm, which has since been discontinued, I went on the look out for a balm which was just as amazing as that one and I found it. Coming in at under a fiver, it goes to show that you don't need the most expensive lip products to get the job done, and for it to be done well.

It's super moisturising, it has a pleasant and comfortable texture and consistency on the lips, it isn't at all greasy and it doesn't smell unpleasant like some more powerful lip balms can. I was so impressed with this product that I just had to include it in this list. Highly recommended!


Neutrogena 'Visibly Clear' Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub


Price: £4.99

This scrub is something that I have talked about on here before. I find the consistency is just right, the scrub itself does a fantastic job of smoothing my skin out. It leaves my skin feeling soft also, it's not at all drying like some facial scrubs are which is a bonus and it also smells amazing. The pink grapefruit range from Neutrogena will always be one of my favourites in terms of skincare products, it's always a brand I will keep going back to.


Daily Essentials 24H Moisture Boost Night Cream


Price: £4.99

I actually featured this in an all Nivea related blog post a couple of months ago, raving about how fabulous this product was. Considering the price, it is a very moisturising and hydrating night cream. I'll wake up the next morning and it will feel like I've been given a whole new layer of skin. It smells pretty good too! You don't need a lot either, an amount the same size as your thumb nail would be enough to cover your entire face, so a small amount really does go a very long way! Definitely a product to look out for.


Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleansing Wipes


Price: £4.19

I am absolutely in love with the makeup wipes. They're full of moisture, they're a satisfactory size for removing a full face of makeup, and once again, like every other product I have mentioned in this post, they smell incredible. They're also really moisturising, a bonus with face wipes as some can leave your skin feeling somewhat dry. Definitely worth it for the price. Yes they're a little more expensive than your average pack of facial wipes, but for under a fiver, you can't really go wrong.


Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Moisturiser


Price: £4.99

Yes, it's another moisturiser. But unlike the last one, this is a daily moisturiser. I don't use the night cream every single time I go to bed in the evening, maybe two or three times a week at the most, so when I'm not using a night cream, I like to use a good daily moisturiser, something which isn't too heavy, which isn't oily or greasy, something which offers me a good, non slip foundation for my makeup is also a bonus. It smells delightful and a small amount goes a very long way. It's a product I highly recommend to those on the look out for a cheap, light face cream which can be used on a daily basis.


***

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you purchase ay of the items I have mentioned and give me your verdicts. It would be interesting to see who else loves these skincare products as much as I do. I will see you soon! Keep an eye out for the second and third instalment of my budget beauty series!


***


WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments