A Recipe | Vegetable Fajitas: A Mid-Week Meal I Can't Believe I Haven't Cooked Before

I'm back with another recipe for you to enjoy. I've been looking for more and more meals that are meat-free, both to save money and to be a little more healthy. Everyone loves a fajita, so I wondered what could I use as a substitute for the traditionally-chicken dish and it came to me - veggies! I threw this together as a way to use up a few bits and bops I had in the cupboard and in the fridge. The only thing I had to buy as new was the fajita spice mix and the tortillas, just to keep things tasting authentic. So how can you make it at home too? Let me tell you:

What you will need

*Cheese
*Tortillas
* Red pepper
* Mushrooms
*Chickpeas
*Cajun spice
*Smoked paprika
*Fajita spice mix
*Creme fraiche or sour cream (optional)

Method

1. Lightly oil a frying pan and throw in the chickpeas and red pepper with a tea spoon of cajun and a teaspoon of paprika
2. Fry that off and then add the mushrooms
3. Give the vegetables a stir so that they're all coated in spices and then cook for about 2 minutes, or until the veggies become lightly charred
3. Tip in the fajita spice mix and coat the vegetable mix generously with flavourings
4. Grate some cheese while you're waiting for it all to cook and place your tortillas in the microwave, for about 30 seconds 
5. The mix should be ready to serve, so spoon some out and fill your tortilla until you're happy with the size
6. Enjoy and serve with creme fraiche or sour cream, or you could even stretch to a salsa or a good guacamole instead for extra measure

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments whether you'll be giving this a go yourself and I will see you again very soon with some brand new content.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts