Everything I Loved in July

July came and went in a flash. But the faster the months go by, the sooner we can start thinking about, you guessed it, Christmas! Yes, I said the dreaded 'C' word, but let's not pretend you're not thinking the same thing. I think it gets to a point during the summer when everyone has had their fill of the warm weather and are willing the temperatures to drop, even slightly. I'm at that stage now, haha. But anyway, we're not here to talk about the weather. Let's talk about what I've loved this month!

Our engagement flowers

We got engaged in June while we were at Walt Disney World, Florida. We were there for two weeks and upon our return home, we were greeted at the door by these beautiful flowers to mark the occasion. They were from my brother and his girlfriend and they're simply gorgeous. It makes me smile every time I look at this photo because I'm reminded of just how special they are and how much it meant to Tom and I to receive such a thoughtful gift!


My ripped Levi jeans

I bought these while we were in the States, but I wasn't sure about them to start with, not on the hanger anyway. But it was Tom who persuaded me to give them a go and as soon as they went on in the changing room I was sold. They're a little long but I roll them up so they don't drag along the floor, despite being the shortest leg length Levi's do, haha. But they're so comfy and stylish and they're now my go-to jeans and have been throughout the whole of July.

Filling up my photo album

When we went to Walt Disney World, Tom's parents gifted us a Disney-themed photo album that commemorates the 50th Anniversary. So I compiled all of the photos we took while we were there, had them printed and set them out in this album, all in date order.

Filling up photo albums is one of my favourite things to do. I can just picture myself in many years going through them all with my children or with my grandchildren. There's something unbeatable about looking through physical photographs and it's something I wish I never dies out.

My Disney World Starbucks cup

Another Disney-related favourite, but this cup is seriously one of my favourite things right now. It's huge and insulated so it keeps my drinks cold. Because it's so huge, I'm now drinking a lot more water and I've noticed a difference in that sense.

Surprisingly, I feel less bloated and I no longer experience nausea. I must have been dehydrated before because I just generally feel better in myself when I drink more fluids. So not only am I drinking more, but I'm doing so using the best cup you have ever seen!

Going for lunch with our friends

We went for lunch at the Nottingham Castle Pub this month with our dear friends. It was a wonderful afternoon spent eating amazing food and just chatting the day away. We hadn't seen each other for quite some time and we both had exciting news. Mine was, of course, getting engaged, but she knew that already. It was nice for her to see the ring, though! I won't say what her news was on here because it's not my place to say, but let's just say I cannot WAIT :)


Going shopping with my sister

I booked a day off work to go out for lunch and shopping with my sister this month. We had a successful trip shopping for dresses and I bought a new pair of heels which are lovely and perfect for summer. For lunch, we nipped into a Starbucks in the centre of Nottingham and had a skinny latte each and a mozzarella and tomato panini. It was really a lovely day and I can't wait to be able to do it again.

'Everything I Know About Love'

I wasn't sure about this from the adverts. There was something about it that I thought wasn't for me. But one night, we fell asleep n the sofa watching the telly and woke up to find an episode of this on BBC One. We carried on watching, intrigued as to what it would be like and I actually really enjoyed it. Tom wasn't too fussed so I started watching it myself on BBC iPlayer, from start to finish. Sadly, there's only one season so far and I finished it in quick time, so I've just got to wait till the next season and I'll be happy as a clam again!

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below whether you've been loving any of the same things as me this month and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts