Dining at Sebastian's Bistro in Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | A Dream for Any Little Mermaid Fan

If you weren't aware, Tom and I went to Walt Disney World, Florida last month and while we were there, we managed to get a reservation at Sebastian's Bistro - a restaurant that's themed around Sebastian, the crab from The Little Mermaid. now, if you're a huge fan of The Little Mermaid, like me, then you'll already know this. But basically, whilst subtle, this eating establishment is an absolute dream for lovers of this Disney classic. So, what did we order and what was it all like?

'The Flounder'

This was a non-alcoholic drink that basically tasted like a pina colada. The only reason why I went for this drink, really, was the fact it was called 'The Flounder' - no other reason, haha. It was like a cross between a mocktail and a milkshake but with all the look of little Flouder from the film. I mean...LOOK AT IT! I wish I had one of these right now, haha.

The starter - Buttery House-Baked, Pull Apart Rolls & a Spice Necklace Salad

This is a family-style restaurant, so it's not all-you-can-eat, but they'll refill the bread and salad etc twice, but it depends on how many people are at the table. In our case, we had two bread refills and only one bowl of salad, which was divine. Salad can be bland and a bit meh, but this one was incredible. I only had one mini loaf of this brioche-style bread but I could have, quite easily, polished off that entire bowl of salad - it was that good. 

Not only did it taste amazing, but it was beautifully-presented. Part of me wanted to eat all of the salad just so I could take the bowl home, haha. It was a really good starter by way of how filling it was and how much of it you got. I didn't feel too full for the main course, but then I felt satisfied that I'd had a little something to stimulate my hunger ready for the next phase of food!

The main course - A Taste of the Caribbean

Being located in the heart of Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, the main course was filled with all the flavours of, you guessed it, the Caribbean. You get two platters, each one containing three different dishes. One is a meat platter and another is a veggie platter and each thing goes together seamlessly taste-wise. 

The meat platter consists of: oven-roasted citrus chicken, slow-cooked Mojo pork with mango sambal and grilled flank steak with mojito relish on the side. The veggie platter is adorned with: cilantro (coriander) rice and beans, vegetable curry and grilled broccolini (tender stem broccoli). I mean, I could have piled all of it up on my plate and eaten it all myself, but my stomach definitely wouldn't have been able to take it! It's an absolutely remarkable spread, with so much to try and several combinations to put together.

The food, again, was delicious. Each bite was better than the last and, much like the starter, you could ask for more of it if you wanted to (or if you could fit any more into your tummy, haha). Even the steak was divine, which is rare (see what I did there?) for a family-style restaurant when steak is involved. Overall, the main course was totally top-notch and I would recommend the place to anyone if you're visiting.

The most amazing pudding you ever did see (or taste in my case) - Celebrated House-Made Coconut & Pineapple Bread Pudding

Take everything you thought you knew about bread and butter pudding and throw it all out of the window. This is basically on a whole different level, to the point where I don't really want to eat traditional bread and butter again because I know it will taste terrible in comparison to this amazing slice of absolute heaven. 

So as you've probably guessed, this was out of this world in terms of flavours. The pudding itself was a little doughy, but not stodgy. I feel like there's a big difference there. This had texture to it, but it wasn't heavy. It was far lighter than a conventional bread and butter pudding and far more tasty. It wasn't like anything I had before and I don't think I'll have anything like it again unless we go back!

The interior, exterior & some fun coasters

Located on the water front at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, the decor was sea-themed, like something you'd find at the beach front in Cornwall, so not quite Caribbean-esque, but they definitely had the beach theming down to a tee. The exterior was amazing. The walk up to the restaurant and out the front was stunning, with amazing views of the "harbour" and other gorgeous buildings located nearby.

You could also see these views from the restaurant window, making for the perfect setting while you munch down on your delectable food! We also took a couple of the paper coasters home with us because they were just too good not to take back as a small memento of our time at a Disney restaurant :)


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Have you been to Sebastian's Bistro before? Have you ever been to a Disney restaurant? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts