Facial Skincare Routine

Yes, this does look like an advertisement for Clean & Clear, but I promise I bought these products with my own money and I'm mot being paid to mention them in the post (unfortunately...only joking xD). I simply love Clean & Clear skincare and have done since the age of about 16, they're a great brand and non of their products have broken me out before, these products have impressed me highly, so much so, I wished to do a blog post about it :) 

In this post, I will tell you what I use, when and why I use them in that particular order, I will also leave links to buy the product should you wish purchase it yourself. I don't do this routine everyday, I will do it once every 3-4 days if I want a deep cleanse. The only thing I use everyday is the facial wash and cleanser, because I want to keep my face fresh without going all out on the other products as well. So lets begin shall we? 

Step 1: Exfoliating the Face
Product: Blackhead Clearing Daily Scrub
Link: (ON OFFER) Click Here

Yes they aren't the best of photos, however my tripod is currently on the blink and I need to get a new one ASAP, the photos may be a little blurry as a result of the camera being hand held and not static, for that I will apologise. Anyway, you can get the jist of what the product claims to do, even if it's not the most crisp of images :( 

I have been using this facial scrub since I was about 15/16 years old and I haven't really found another that I really rate. This one is great for smoothing out dry patches on the face, especially around my nose which tends to get particularly dry, one use of this and I notice the results immediately. The product is packed full of exfoliating beads, making the scrub a joy to use, the beads are big enough that you can actually feel it working the dead skin cells off your face, leaving it pretty much smooth to the touch. I rate this product highly.

Because it's so effective and it is a beaded scrub and not a chemical one, I don't use it daily as it suggests, I may use it 2-3 times a week so as not to harm or aggravate my skin, your face is delicate so scrubbing away at your face every single day isn't the nest of ideas. But, if you use it once a couple of times during the week, your skin will notice a difference. 

Step 2: A Gentle Exfoliant
Product: Advantage Clear and Soothe Daily Scrub
Link: (ON OFFER) Click Here

Obviously, my hand was a little more steady for this photo! Yay for me xD Now you may be thinking 'why do you use 2 facial scrubs?', well this one has fewer and smaller beads, so it's a lot more gentle. Because it contains aloe vera, it can be more beneficial for the skin and so will smooth out or get rid of any dirt that the other one didn't. This is a good one if you don't like big beaded exfoliators, the texture of the product itself is a lot more creamy that the last one and is lovely to apply to the face, especially after prepping the face before hand with the Blackhead Clearing Daily Scrub. 

Yes its a little more expensive, but it is a very nice high street skincare product and doesn't break the bank too much. The only down side to this is that a little doesn't go a very long way, especially if you're looking for a good, deep scrub because the beads are so few and far between, they're also pretty small, so if you want a deep exfoliating scrub, the first one would be great for you :)

Step 3: Washing the Face
Product: Advantage Fast Action Daily Wash
Link: (ON OFFER) Click Here

I like to use this after I have scrubbed the face, I feel as though the scrub has removed most of the dirt and oil, but that this face wash simply cleans whatever is left. It is really creamy to apply but comes out more like a gel. If you rub it in enough it will start to foam. You don't have to keep this on for a set amount of time, but if I'm applying this in the shower I will apply conditioner to my hair or shave my legs etc while I wait for it to do it's thing, yes it's not a face mask, but I feel like the longer I leave it, the better the results (whether this is a scientific truth o not I don't know xD). 

It's not drying at all, once it's been washed away and I have wiped my face dry, the skin feels smooth and soft and I feel as though this facial wash almost helps to moisturise the skin as well as wash away any dirt that may have collected throughout the day. I use this on a daily basis before I go to bed.

Step 4: Cleansing the Face
Product: Blackhead Clearing Cleanser
Link: Click Here

I like to use this cleanser everyday as well, I feel like it just removes more dirt and helps to unclog pores. I also like to use it before I apply a pore strip and also after but just around the nose to get rid of the excessive left behind by the strip. It's not greasy and doesn't smell too bad either, it just feels like i'm applying water to my face. I use a cotton pad to apply it and just let it dry. You don't have to rinse it off and you really tend to use it on dry skin (as is the case with most cleansers). Overall it's a great product and I recommend it.

Step 5: Clearing Out Those Pores
Product: Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
Link: Click Here

I cannot tell you how effective these things are, and I can see why people can get easily addicted to them. I use them once a week and notice the results as soon as I rip the strip off. I know it sounds disgusting, but you can actually see the dirt from the pores on the strip afterwards (a bit TMI I know), but it just shows how effective they are. At first I was a bit cynical and didn't really believe it would do much but it really has. 

All you do is cleanse the face before hand, then wet your nose as much as possible, then with dry hands, peel off the plastic and place that side on your nose, press it down until the fabric has stuck down properly on the nose, once you've done that, leave it for 15-20 minutes, you will slowly feel the strip start to harden, once you reach this stage, slowly peel it off from both ends and take a look at what that wonderful invention has done. It's an amazing creation and I can't see my self not having a box of these in my cupboard.


Step 5: Spot Gel
Product: Spot Treatment Gel
Link: (ON OFFER) Click Here

Once again, another shaky photo, sorry! This is the last product that I apply to my face, and I do so every night before I go to bed. This smells slightly of alcohol as it is designed to dry the spots out instead of make them oily or greasy which I think is a quality in most spot treatment gels. Again it's not the cheapest of products, but compared to other gels on the market, this one isn't too pricey. Since it's on offer in Superdrug at the minute, there's no better time to try it out! 

Thanks for stopping by guys! I will see you again on BOTH Saturday and Sunday this week as it is in fact my birthday weekend (I will be turning 20...eek). So to celebrate 20 years of my life, I'm going to dedicate that weekend to y birthday (call me selfish but I would like to document the occasion :) ). See you then! X
___________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

DISCLAIMER
I have not been paid or sponsored to write this specific blog post. All views and opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any companies that may be mentioned in this blog post. All photographic content is my own. No Copyright infringement intended.

Comments

Popular Posts