Hairspiration | Keep It Long or Go Short?

 (Yes it looks vain, but I needed a picture that didn't look too shabby, and also one which you could actually see my hair in to get a clear judgement :) )

If you know me in real life or even have me as a friend on Facebook, you may be aware that I am becoming increasingly bored with my hair. We have a very love/hate relationship but I feel it is time for a change. However I cannot make up my mind, that's where you guys come in, I would love your opinion on this. Firstly I would like to tell you what my hair is like now and then what I plan to do, but I am in 2 minds, so I may try and persuade you against the shorter hair style. I'm just very indecisive, especially when it comes to my hair so I need a push!

What My Hair Is Like Now
(I'm going to split up this section with some photos...the majority of them are selfies, but that's just so I can show you what my hair currently looks like!) 

My hair is very long (past my bust) with a long side fringe that I keep tucked behind my ear. My hair is also naturally straight. To be honest I have got very lazy with my hair over the years. When I was at secondary school I used to make much more of an effort, I would straighten it, curl it, try different up dos etc but now I'm older, I just haven't had the time nor the will power or dedication to do that anymore, so when I have it down, it's always straight, but I never straighten it now, I just blow dry it upside down and brush it through. Hey presto, I'm ready to go.

Washing it is the thing I hate most. It takes upwards of 20 minutes to get it washed and conditioned, and because it's so thick and long, it takes ages to rinse out all of the hair product which is a pain in the arse. Also my hair gets everywhere, all over the bath tub and even the sink (God knows how it gets there). Drying it isn't as bad as washing it. Sometimes I wash it at night and towel dry it so I'm not even using any heat on it which is nice, but if I need to give it a good old blow dry, it can take around half an hour, and even then it isn't fully dry (so it takes the piss basically).


I also have issues with it getting caught in things like shoulder bag straps, seat belts, scarves, coats etc. It's a real faff which is why I never have it down, it's too much trouble. I'm more likely to have it down at the weekends when I'm not running around town or frantically having to get ready in the mornings. 


BUT it's not all bad. I do love having long hair as well, I think it makes me look a lot older (when it's down) and a little less like a 12 year old and more the (nearly) 20 year old I actually am. I also like to play with it a lot, and it sounds strange, but I like to see how much it has actually grown, like it's an achievment. On a good hair day, I would look at it and think 'well my hair looks pretty nice today, I love having long hair, I won't ever cut it short again', but at the same time, it's just not very practical when it comes to my everyday activities. 


This is where YOU come in :)....

What I Would Like To Do Is...
I would like to have my hair cut to just past my shoulders, I don't want it to sit on my shoulders at all, but I don't want it too long. I'm not planning on getting it coloured as my hair has never been dyed (shock horror) and I would really like to keep it that way. I like the colour of my natural hair and see no need to cover it up. I don't want a middle parting or a full fringe (or bangs if you come from the US), I rather like my side parting and long fringe for the time being, but I really want to get a full fringe cut in when Summer gets fully underway. I would love to have a new look for when I start uni :) 

To give you an idea of the kind of style I'm looking for, I took some inspiration from Pinterest!

(PLEASE NOTE: I'm not looking at the colour or cut (really) more the length of the hair itself)

At least if I have it this length, it's not really short, but not really long, a nice inbetween-ee length and lovely for the Spring/Summer months :) 

So what do YOU think? You can leave me a comment below or contact me via Twitter or Instagram (links below and in the side bar). Thanks for your help guys! If you know me in real life, don't be afraid to tell me your views either as I'd love to hear them. Thanks for listening guys and I will see you all again on Sunday :) X
 _____________________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

DISCLAIMER
I have not been paid or sponsored to write this specific blog post. All views and opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any companies that may be mentioned in this blog post. 50% of this photographic content is my own, the other 50% has been taken from Pinterest. No Copyright infringement intended.

Comments

  1. I love cutting my hair! I don't think I've ever gone to the salon without doing something a bit drastic. So I say go for it. Especially if you are bored with your hair lately. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback :) I've decided to cut it, it's only hair and will grow back if I don't like it! Thank you for helping reach a decision :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts