The Solar Eclipse

Yesterday (20/03/15) there was a partial eclipse that (in theory) was seen by millions all over the UK, however if you were unlucky enough to have had bad weather or heavy cloud that obstructed your view, preventing you from experiencing this amazing spectacle, then these photos are for you. I didn't take many and didn't want to risk taking a picture of the actual sun (because it was pretty sunny where we live), so instead I simply took a photo of the shadow it cast on the paper! it was an amazing thing to have been witness to.

Now it didn't go dark as expected, because it was a partial eclipse, 10% of the sun still remained so it looked more like the sun was covered by dark rain clouds than it being abnormally dark. It started at around 8:30am, by 9:30am, it had reached maximum coverage (only 90%). It did go very cold and the wind felt very strange, but apart from that, nothing apart from a slight drop in natural light happened. Despite that, i still got to witness something amazing and it won't happen again for another decade at the very least!

  Did you see the eclipse? Did you use a pinhole camera too? I'd love to see some of your photos, so tweet them to me via @thesweetpeax, or tag me on Instagram using @heartbritishthings

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you soon REALLY soon :D 
_________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

DISCLAIMER
I have not been paid or sponsored to write this specific blog post. All views and opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any companies that may be mentioned in this blog post. All photographic content is my own. No Copyright infringement intended.

Comments

Popular Posts