DIY | Healthy Chicken Salad & Avacado Wrap


I love avocado, so when I discovered that I could mash it up and put it in a sandwich wrap I couldn't wait to try it! I could sit and eat an avocado with a spoon, so it was by far the best idea I had ever heard of. I was inspired to make this when I went out for my birthday lunch with my Mum in Leicester on Saturday, and that had bacon, chicken, avocado and lettuce in it and it was so delicious, I had to have a go at recreating this amazing invention. So lets get down to business :)

What You'll Need
Ingredients
- Lettuce
- Cucumber (Optional)
- 1 Tomato (Optional)
- 1 Large Avocado 
- 1 Tortilla Wrap
- Char Grilled Chicken Breast Pieces
- Ham (Optional)

Equipment
Fork
Table Spoon
Sharp Knife
Small Bowl
Plate
Butter Knife (Optional)

Step 1: Cut Open and Mash up the Avocado
Firstly, cut open the avocado, take out the stone then use the table spoon to scoop the contents into the bowl. If you're making a wrap for one, then only use HALF of the avocado, but if you're planning on making two wraps then use the whole avocado.

 
Now take the fork and begin to mash up the avocado, continue doing so until the consistency is fairly smooth, but not too chunky.



Step 2: Spreading the Avocado
Once it looks somewhat smooth, get your tortilla wrap ready, then take the spoon you used to scoop the contents into the bowl, and begin to spoon the contents onto the middle of the tortilla wrap. Then take your spoon and begin to spread it so it covers the majority of the tortilla wrap.


Step 3: Adding the Meat
 if you don't want to add the meat and you'd rather this be a vegetarian meal, then you can skip this step entirely, however I would like to add some chicken and also ham considering I didn't have time too cook bacon, adding the ham is also an optional step, so don't feel as though you have to do the same, unless you want to of course :) 


Step 4: Adding the Vegetables
Again, most of this is optional and you don't have add all the fruit and veg that I am, but if you want to, then feel free to add as much or as little as you like. 


Step 5: Enjoy!
Once you've added everything that you see fit, wrap up your tortilla, pop it on a plate, grab a drink and enjoy your lovely fresh wrap! It's so quick and simple, no heat or cooking required and relatively cheap to make! Let me know if you try this via Twitter & Instagram (links below and in the side bar) :) 


Have fun making this! I'd love to know if you tried it out :) I'll see you tomorrow with a brand new post for you all (yes, my schedule has gone out the window a little bit hasn't it? xD). 

______________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

DISCLAIMER

I have not been paid or sponsored to write this specific blog post. All views and opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any companies that may be mentioned in this blog post. All photographic content is my own. No Copyright infringement intended.

Comments

  1. This looks so yummy! I LOVE avocado. My favorite is mashing up two avocados with my mashed potatoes. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an amazing idea 😋

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts