4 Ways I Find Joy in Visiting Garden Centres


If you know me at all, you'll know that I love a good garden centre. Any opportunity to hit a garden centre and I am there, you don't have to ask me twice. So what is it about garden centres that I can't get enough of? I'll be telling you the different ways in which I find joy in visiting garden centres, regardless of the time of year it might be, so let's get stuck in!

1. They always have the best cafes, restaurants, food & drink

Garden centres are perfect for the foodie in your life. Not only are the bakery and food sections of the shop ideal for those looking to try new things or are looking to choose something out of the ordinary for dinner, but the cafes and restaurants that are available are also second-to-none. 

Combine excellent, comfortable seating with quality food and drink and you've got the perfect place to sit and enjoy some lunch - great if you've come to the garden centre with someone less enthusiastic, like my husband, haha.

2. You can find a wealth of plants & flowers

As the name would suggest, it is a garden centre. So it has everything relating to gardens and outdoor areas. From furniture and barbecues to flowers and hosepipes, a garden centre has everything you could possible need to kick start your gardening journey, especially if you've just, really, embarked on it, like myself.

3. There's so much choice for the home, as well as the garden

If you've come to the garden centre with someone who is much more indoorsy than outdoorsy, then that's fine because garden centres also have a great selection of homeware available to choose from. In fact, we have purchased loads of home bits and pieces from the garden centre, including tealight holders, diffusers, photo frames and even a clock! You can find some real gems in a garden centre, so have a good look around, because you never know what you might find :)

4. Looking at all of the garden decorations

As well as anything living, and we've touched briefly on things that garden centres sell other than plants and flowers. But some of those things includes garden decs, like ceramic fountains and wild animals, for example. I have a small smiling mole in our garden, who I have named Monty. I spotted him in our local garden centre, smiling up at me, and I couldn't leave him there, so I brought him home and he now sits in our border in the back garden :) 

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post?Let me know in the comments what you love about visiting garden centres and I will see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts