Everything I Loved in June


June has come around so quickly, I can't quite believe that we're already half way through the year. But I bet you've heard that in every June favourites blog post, haha? Anyway, I just wanted to let you know everything I have loved throughout the month of June. From family get-togethers to hit TV shows, here's everything I have enjoyed over the last four weeks.

Disney in Concert: The Sound of Magic

This month we travelled to the Birmingham Symphony Hall to see Disney in Concert: The Sound of Magic. It was slightly different from the one we saw last year at the NEC. This was a lot more traditional and it didn't have any live singers or performers on either. 

It was simply all of the Disney music we have come to know and love, but played by a live orchestra, rather than a soundtrack. It was absolutely brilliant, sending chills down my spine and giving me goose bumps at every given opportunity. 

I did it all; laughed, cried happy tears and cried sad tears as well, and I even sang along with some bits as well. What a treat and a smashing performance - I've had worse Tuesday nights, haha. I wrote a blog post all about it, that you can read about here. Have you been to one of these shows? Let me know what you thought to it all!

Kings of Leon

This month, we had the pleasure of seeing Kings of Leon at the NIA in Birmingham. It was amazing. It's not often that you can say a band sounds better live, but thee really did bring the house down. The place was bouncing. 

They were incredibly entertaining. It was so worth the money. To make it even more of a great night, it was a Saturday as well! I've definitely had worse Saturday evenings. I'd recommend seeing them if you get the chance.

Gardener's World Live & Good Food Show

This month saw the return of the Good Food Show and Gardener's World Live. The last time I went to one of these was pre-covid, where I met Mary Berry. I have been a couple of times before then, usually to the winter shows, but I didn't blog about every single one of them we attended. Although, I have left links to the trips I have documented below for you, if you're interested!

I absolutely love a good episode of Gardener's World on a Friday night. That and I have become far more involved in the gardening scene since we bought our house 2.5 years ago, so this is the first time we're going since becoming homeowners. 

It was a great day and there was so much to see and do while we were there. If you're looking for a relaxing day out that won't break the bank, then go to the Good Food Show in the winter, or wait until next year for the summer show, because it's a scream! I wrote a blog post all about our experience, so if you want a more in-depth run down of the day, then that's the place to go (read that blog post here) :)


Bridgerton

I started to watch Bridgerton this month, on Netflix, and I finished the whole thing in about 2 weeks. It didn't take me long because I simply had to watch it. I had it playing on my iPad in the shower, in the garden, while I made the dinner - any spare minute I had I would watch it. As I'm writing this, I'm still waiting for the second half of season 3 to come out, but I'm pretty sure I will love the conclusion - although I hope I will, haha. 

Blue Lights

Staying on the theme of TV shows, something else I have loved this month is the BBC drama 'Blue Lights'. It gives me 'Line of Duty' vibes that scratched that itch and that need for something dark and gritty. If you loved 'Line of Duty' or prefer those mysterious police dramas, then this is the show for you. I binge-watched both seasons inside of a week and I am already counting the days till season 3 starts - also, I totally ship Stevie and Grace! Watch Blue Lights on BBC iPlayer.

Garden landscaping progress

You may be aware already, if you follow me on Instagram, that we have completely started again with our back garden. We have kept the decking that we did last year, which you can read about in this blog post if you want to see the garden beforehand, but after we did our own improvements. 

Essentially, we have dropped the level at the top of the garden, got rid of the patio slabs and made some raised flower beds. We want to have grass where the patio slabs were so as to make it less like a concrete jungle. 

We have also squared everything up and created some clearly-defined garden boarders, because it was all over the place before. We're so happy with our progress so far. We have knocked down the conservatory and we now have plans to make the garage smaller, essentially turning it into a brick shed rather than somewhere to put the car (you couldn't get the car up the side of the house anyway). 

We'll then lay a large patio where the conservatory was and make some shorter, steeper steps going up to the top half of the garden. Watch this space for further progress on our garden this summer. Trust me, it will be a transformation to say the least! I have left some pictures of the garden below for you, just so you can see how it's looking at the end of June 2024.

Celebrating a 1st birthday with family

This month saw one of our family members turn one year old - what a special day. We were invited to her 1st birthday party and it was a lovely day. She was surrounded by her closest family and we took the opportunity to have a good chat and a catch up with everyone we don't always get to see regularly. It was such a wonderful day and one that the family will remember for all of the right reasons.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know what you've loved throughout June and I will see you again very soon with some brand new content for you!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts