A Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear 'Stay-in-Place' Foundation

The Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place foundation has an SPF of 10, making it ideal for use during the summer months. I've been wanting to get my hands on this foundation for at least the last couple of years. 

But it came on sale at just the right price recently, with 25% off, so I thought I'd give it a go. I had heard good things about the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place foundation, so I wanted to try it out for myself. 

But what did I think to it? Did it live up to the hype or is it just another run-of-the-mill makeup product with a fancy name attached to it? Let's find out in my review of the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place foundation.

What is the consistency like for the Estee Lauder Double Wear 'Stay-in-Place' foundation?

You won't be able to see this from the images I've provided, but there isn't a pump on this bottle, like with most high-end foundations. Instead, you unscrew the cap and simply wait for the product to drip out of it. 

You don't really have much control over how much comes out and how much doesn't, so you have to be careful. The consistency of the product straight out of the bottle is actually quite runny, so bear this in mind when pouring it out of the bottle. However, the very fact that it is runny is helpful because it's easy to apply.

How does the Estee Lauder Double Wear 'Stay-in-Place' foundation apply?

The application of this product is simple enough. It's made all the more easy to apply it to the face given the fact that is has such a runny consistency. A little bit goes a long way, which is always good to hear when you're investing in an expensive foundation product. 

I like to use a simple foundation brush, opting for the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply it to the skin. However, a stipple brush or even an egg would be better for its application, because the product is quite thin, as discussed. 

Although the application is simple, it's not exactly time-effective. It takes a little while to work nicely into the skin, but once you get the hang of it, it's straightforward. But don't go for this foundation if you're in a rush. 

How durable is the Estee Lauder Double Wear 'Stay-in-Place' foundation?

So how well does this foundation actually 'stay in place'? It actually does do what it says on the tin, or the bottle to be more accurate. It's a durable foundation with excellent staying power. In fact, in terms of its longevity, it's the best foundation I have tried, both from the high-street and from the higher-end ranges. 

If you can get on with the consistency and have the time to apply it properly, then this foundation will give you everything you need in terms of staying power and durability. Overall, am I impressed? Yes. Would I buy this again? Absolutely. Would I pay full price for the privilege? No. I would need to wait for there to be an offer on, because I don't think it's worth the full price tag.



***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and that you found it useful? Let me know in the comments below whether you've given this foundation a go, together with what you thought of it, and I will see you again really soon with some brand new content!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts