A Review: MAC Cremesheen Lipstick, Creme in Your Coffee

If you've been following me, at least since February of this year, then you'll know that I recently purchased a MAC lipstick for the first time for about 12 years. I also splurged on a few other makeup products, so if you're interested in seeing what else I bought by way of high-end makeup, then you can take a look at that blog post here

But today, we're going to be focusing purely on the MAC Cremesheen lipstick; 'Creme in Your Coffee'. If you're on the fence about whether or not to make the purchase, I hope this review can help you to decide either way. So let's review the MAC Cremesheen lipstick in the shade 'Creme in Your Coffee'. 

What is the MAC Cremesheen lipstick consistency like?

As you'd expect from a lipstick that's marketed with the name 'cremesheen', it's creamy in consistency, so MAC have got that bit right. It's glides onto the lips effortlessly and I find that I only need a little bit to get the desired finish. It can become waayyyy too creamy, however, when the weather is hot.

So be careful not to snap the lipstick in half, because I've done that before, haha. If anything, it's easier to apply when warm, but the consistency, by its very nature, makes it easy to apply anyway. But more about that in a moment!

What does the MAC Cremesheen lipstick taste like?

It might sound like an odd question to ask about a lipstick, but those who wear it will know that you just can't help but taste it in some way or another. The MAC Cremesheen lipstick in 'Creme in Your Coffee' smells and tastes sweet. It has a pleasant odour and a pleasant taste. 

Some lipsticks can be a tad unpleasant when you end up accidentally tasting it, but not this one. I think that the MAC Cremesheen lipstick range in general tastes and smells the same, so no matter the shade you go for, you'll have a nice taste on the lips with a MAC Cremesheen lipstick. 

How does the MAC Cremesheen lipstick apply on the lips?

I've already touched on this briefly earlier on in this blog post, but the application of this lipstick is very easy. It really doesn't take a lot to get the right amount of product on the lips. In fact, I would say to apply it with a light hand, because it can be easy to put way too much on by accident. 

I've found that it's the best lipstick to carry in your handbag because it can be applied on the go. I'm so confident when applying it that I don't even need a mirror to do it, because I know that I'll achieve the desired look with the MAC Cremesheen lipstick. 

How long does the MAC Cremesheen lipstick last?

Like with most lipsticks, the colour will wear when you eat and drink, so forgetting that aspet of lipstick wear, this lipstick has tremendous staying power and durability on the lips. I find that it can last several hours, leaving a natural lip-coloured tinge that will leave people wondering whether you've got lipstick on or if your lips are just in a really healthy condition. 

I find that it hydrates the lips the longer you wear it as well. I find that if I've been wearing it all day, I still end up seeing the colour of the lipstick on my makeup wipes and cotton pads when I take my makeup off at the end of the day. If you're looking for a durable lipstick, then MAC Cremesheen in 'Creme in Your Coffee' is the product for you.

What is the MAC Cremesheen 'Creme in Your Coffee' lipstick colour like?

As you can see from the pictures in this blog post, Creme in Your Coffee is a lovely natural colour, but not so natural that it doesn't look like you're wearing any lipstick at all. i find that lipstick, no matter the colour, finishes off a makeup look. 

You don't look quite 'done' without a touch of colour on the lips and this lipstick provides a warm, natural colour that polishes off the look, but that's not so noticeable that you need a mirror to apply it. It's a wonderful one-size-fits-all shade that everyone could get away with adorning. 


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and that you found it useful? Let me know in the comments below if you've bought this lipstick together with what your thoughts are on it and I'll see you again very soon with some brand new content!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts