A Review | 'Super Volume' Mascara from The Body Shop


I had been looking to purchase another mascara from a different brand for quite some time. I didn't want to purchase one from Boots or Superdrug. I preferred to choose one that you couldn't find in those stores or in the supermarkets. Where I've tried YSL and Lancome mascaras before, I thought I'd give a cheaper alternative a go.

However, this still wasn't cheap in comparison to mainstream mascaras from companies like Rimmel or Maybelline. But now that I've given it a go, I think thought now was the time to give you a full review of what I think, so let's get into it :)

How easy is it to apply?

This mascara isn't difficult to apply, but it's not like it takes one sweep and it's sorted. You have to brush it in maybe three or four times on each side before getting the best results, but once it's done, you really do get the look you're after. With it being called 'Super Volume' mascara, I didn't expect any less from this product and I wasn't left disappointed, even if it does take a little longer to get the desired look!

How durable is it?

Having worn it from day to night, this mascara absolutely has long lasting results. Seeing as it's not waterproof, I wasn't expecting it to hold out all day, especially as it only cost £10 as well! But I was surprised to see that the results hadn't lessened and there wasn't a hint of smudging or transfer onto the eyelids or brow bone either. So all in all, I'd definitely say it was durable. I'd recommend for times when you need your makeup look to run from day to night with little-to-no touch up required.

Does it really give the lashes volume?

I've already touched on this, but in short, yes. It absolutely does give the lashes volume. In fact, I think this mascara would be able to give even the shortest of eyelashes some much-needed lift. I'm extremely impressed with this mascara, again, given the price. It comes in both the colour black and brown, so there's an option there for everyone, including those who would prefer a more natural look by going for the brown option.

How does it compare to more expensive mascaras?

In comparison to more expensive mascaras, this one definitely compares. So much so, I'm not sure I'd actually bother buying the more expensive, designer mascaras again because I feel like I get very similar results with this one. Where I wouldn't say the experience was the same by way of application etc, the look you get from this one is relatively the same as the results you'd get from a designer alternative.


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below whether or not you've bought this mascara before or if I've convinced you to give this one a go. I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts