A Day With 'Pots & Co' | New Releases & Delicious Desserts


So, I got invited by 'Pots & Co', a company which sell delicious little desserts in a couple of different supermarkets across the UK. However, you can see most of their range in Waitrose and that's where I went. Waitrose Cookery School is located in Granary Square, Kings Cross, London, so it was a bit of a journey for my boyfriend and I (coming all the way from Nottingham). But it was so worth it.

On Arrival


When we arrived (we were actually the first ones there, SO unlike me) we were greeted on the door by the lovely people on the 'Pots & Co' team who checked us in and gave me a prosecco (because I wasn't driving) and the boyf got a sparkling soft drink instead, but it came with all the aesthetic of a fancy, alcoholic beverage.

Not only this, but the table was laid out with nibbles such as tortilla crisps, mini potato snacks, one plain and one flavoured with black pepper, olives, feta cheese, stuffed peppers and even dips such as guacamole and hummus...yes HUMMUS. I was so happy!

Before we knew it, other people started turning up and we were no longer alone in the huge kitchen. It looked like the kitchen in either 'Master Chef' or 'The Great British Bake Off', they even had ovens where the doors slide underneath the counters (if you watch GBBO you'll know exactly what I mean)!


First impressions were very good, it was very friendly, professional and welcoming. Every detail had been thought of in order to make our experience with them as lovely as possible. So hats off to the organisers for this absolute triumph.

The New Release - 'Flat White Whip'


Pots & Co invited me and a plus one to go and try their new dessert, Flat White Whip, launching Monday 1st October in Selfridges. In order to create this tasty dish, 'Pots & Co' collaborated with coffee company, Caravan, combining the sweet taste of 'Pots & Co' with the deliciousness of a great coffee. We got to taste the product before it even launched (I was honoured).

I really loved the new pudding, my boyfriend didn't think there was quite enough of the coffee taste in it (he's a huge fan of coffee so I think he was a bit disappointed that the whole thing didn't taste like coffee basically...haha!). I can't wait for it to hit stores so I can buy one and enjoy such a light, but filling dessert.


IT WAS SO YUMMY!

Baking Our Own Cheesecake


When all the tasting of the delicious desserts were over, we were asked to gather around the front work station while Michelin star chef, Fraser Thomson, told us how to make the perfect vanilla cheesecake. The process was carried out in pairs, we each went to separate hobs and had separate ovens to bake our little puds. It was all very well spread out and organised. I also liked that my boyfriend and I were placed a little apart from everyone else, we had a lot more space to create!

The premise of this dessert was that it was unlike any other cheesecake in the sense that its basically upside down. Instead of the biscuity crumble being at the base of the dessert, it was actually made to be sprinkled on top! Novel right?

Not only did I get a little place card with my Instagram name on it, we also got given these cute 'Pots & Co' aprons to wear whilst we made our puddings. It was a nice touch really. We even got to take our desserts away in their own little ceramic pots and cute little cooler bag.


Whilst we waited for our cheesecakes to set and our crumble to bake, Fraser Thomson talked us through how to present food in a way which would be both fun and sophisticated when entertaining guests for example. It was mesmerising to see how quickly Thomson could dress up a plate to look professional but delightful at the same time.

We had four different demos, using for different desserts from the 'Pots & Co' range, one of which was a limited edition, Chocolate and Hazelnut pud. By the time the demos were over, we were given the chance to pick one pudding each and dress up our plates and desserts in whichever way we wanted, then we could post the photos on social media, if you wished.

As well as laying on lots of different foods, such as nuts, brownie pieces, chocolate and caramel sauces, dried fruit, berries, chocolate flakes etc, 'Pots & Co' also gave us loads of pretty plates and gorgeous props in order to dress up our photos. The props included copper mugs, pretty water jugs, marble display boards, cute tea towels, beautiful silver spoons and even coconuts...yes, coconuts!

They really had thought of everything. I was really impressed by how photography orientated it all was as well. It all seemed to revolve around getting great photos with the perfect lighting and backgrounds. I haven't actually edited any of the photos you see in this post! It was an absolute delight to snap photographs.


The following photos are the ones that my boyfriend and I decorated. My dessert was in the red dish and my boyfriend's was in the white dish!


Thanks 'Pots & Co'!

Before we knew it, the day was up and it was time to take our lovely little cheesecakes home with us. We had such a lovely day and don't forget to keep an eye out for the new release, 'Flat White Whip', launching Monday 1st October.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts